Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-16-2005, 07:08 AM

Default Re: Need Objective Eyes: Am I Tilting?

[ QUOTE ]

UTG+2 really screams strength.

[/ QUOTE ]

Understatment.

[ QUOTE ]

Looks like he played you good with TT or 99.

[/ QUOTE ]

Lol. Only because OP didnt see it, Im hoping its because he was not in the best of moods. Really, look at the guys stats, look at what he did preflop, look at what he did on the flop and on...what do u do with TT? (or 99, but Im doubting it and AA is capping pre.)
Old 04-16-2005, 07:18 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Hand 2 Villain was similar but I had only 40 hands. I had also seen him pull a turn c/r bluff about 10 hands earlier. After he capped the turn, I figured he might have been trying for a free showdown, so I bet out again. How bad was that? Worse or better than calling his river raise?

----------- Hand 2 -----------

Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (7 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is BB with K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. CO posts a blind of $4.
UTG calls, MP1 calls, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, SB completes, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, UTG calls, MP1 calls, SB calls.

Flop: (9.33 SB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG folds, MP1 calls, SB folds.

Turn: (5.66 BB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 caps</font>, Hero calls.

River: (13.66 BB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 raises</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 17.66 BB

[/ QUOTE ]

Oy, I dont think this looks like a CR bluff and I doubt its for a free showdown. (u know if I was unsure instead of spending the extra bet to 3-bet the turn i would just check/call the river, costs the same -- but Im pretty aggresive, so...) Anyway, if u check the river he will bet. Doesnt look like a bluff or someone looking for a free showdown. I dont think he has an A4 unless he was just really afraid of his kicker, he probably has 22 or 44 so either the set or one card straight.

Check/call is the way to go.
Old 04-16-2005, 07:34 AM

Hand 1 isn't tilt. It's not tilt when the hand is just difficult to play, even if you don't play it correctly. That's just a difficult hand.

I think you can safely fold the river, but it's close. I don't think a call is -EV by much.

Hand 2
The turn is pretty bad IMO but the river is worse. Check/call is pretty much your only option in my opinion.

This hand could definitely qualify as tilt.
Old 04-16-2005, 07:57 AM

[ QUOTE ]
hand 1 I play the same. Can't get away from it on the river for 1 more, and you definitely need to value bet here, I think.

[/ QUOTE ]

U know, they are called value bets for a reasons and this is not one of them. I dont see how u think a bet on this river will show any long term profit. I dont see how u'd want to play it the same either.

Usually if they havent shown much agression in the hand and u plan to call a bet when u check the river then u should just bet yourself...this hand is a little different. U are for sure going to get popped on that river. I would call the turn, call the river. especially with those villian stats.