Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Topics > Science, Math, and Philosophy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-27-2005, 03:06 AM

Default Re: Second Necrophilia Post

[ QUOTE ]
Don't you think a living person has the right to control over what happens to her body once she is dead?

[/ QUOTE ]

Not at all. Any assets owned by a person is given up once that person is dead. A dead person can't have rights. Now a person may make suggestions prior to his or her death, but even then they don't have to be honored. I don't know if you remember when the baseball legend Ted Williams passed away, his wishes were to have his body cremated then scattered over the Florida Keys. His son, in lue of cremation, had his body frozen. Though I believe there was some dispute over some documents which stated William's desire.

Anyway, even if you're suggesting that a person does have control over their dead body, then that only validates a necrophilia contract. Even if a loved one specificly states that they do not want their body used for sexual acts, EVEN then I have a problem saying that it's wrong to go against their wishes.
Old 08-27-2005, 03:16 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Any assets owned by a person is given up once that person is dead.

[/ QUOTE ]
I was referring to the sale of her dead body while she is still alive (thus "a living person").

And what you are talking about about Ted Williams is a legal issue rather than a moral one.
Old 08-27-2005, 03:26 AM

I was talking about the sale of a corpse after death. If we're talking prior then I agree with you.
Old 08-27-2005, 03:36 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Should necrophilia contracts be illegal? Of course not. There's no victim here. No one has been able to come up with a good argument against necrophilia, including myself and I made the original post.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'll "throw my hat in the ring":

Consent

Corpses can't give their consent, therefore necrophilia is rape, and rape is illegal.

No sexual situations exist today where the ongoing assurance of sex is guaranteed. Slavery was abolished.

Your wife isn't a concubine, if tonight she says no and you proceed to force yourself upon her, that's rape, even if she said "yes" for the last 1000 nights.

Contract

Even if the necrophile could produce a document signed by the deceased saying they give their body to the necrophile, how can people prove the contract isn't fake or made under duress?

Crime

The practice of selling cadavers to private individuals would not doubt bring up a plethora of issues relating to crime.

In some situations where a wealthy person has a will and is about to cut someone out of it based on their current behaviour, that person who is about to be 'cut-off' has motive to kill the wealthy person before they can make the change, to make them have an 'accident' and therefore get the profit they believe is entitled to them. (an episode of Curb your Enthusiasm caputres this nicely)

If a "necro-contract" was in place, both parties are aware of it, however if one was to renege (usually the "future violated") then the necrophile would have motive to kill the person, also "by accident" to ensure they have their way with them. (or they could just kill the "future violated" if they are horny and can't wait for natural causes)

Also the issue of autopsy must be mentioned.

If a necrophile has a necro-contract with a person and that person dies and the law demands an autopsy, what effect does that have on the contract which has already been fulfilled by one party?

Does the government refund the sum of money to the necrophile or is it lost?

I highly doubt the government would refund the money as necro-contracts if available would be in the thousands, if not millions concerning celebrities, and if governments had to refund to the 'promisee' (ie- necrophile) if they take the body for autopsy then this would create 'death scams' wherby people would induce other people into signing necro-contracts, taking the money for themselves, killing the person and the necrophile recieves a refund from the government.

żEs suficiente?
Old 08-27-2005, 03:48 AM

Don't the arguments in your post deal solely with the practicality problems of necrophilia as it relates to legislation and law enforcement, rather than the actual morality of it?
Old 08-27-2005, 03:49 AM

Ok... several things here.

[ QUOTE ]
Your wife isn't a concubine, if tonight she says no and you proceed to force yourself upon her, that's rape, even if she said "yes" for the last 1000 nights.

[/ QUOTE ]

The law says you cannot rape your wife.

[ QUOTE ]
No sexual situations exist today where the ongoing assurance of sex is guaranteed. Slavery was abolished.

[/ QUOTE ]

Prostitution is legalized in Nevada and sex is guaranteed if money is accepted. It's a legal transaction.

[ QUOTE ]
The practice of selling cadavers to private individuals would not doubt bring up a plethora of issues relating to crime.

[/ QUOTE ]

Slippery slope. This is an invalid argument. Anyone who has taken a logic course will recognize this fallacy.

[ QUOTE ]
Corpses can't give their consent, therefore necrophilia is rape, and rape is illegal.

[/ QUOTE ]

Corpses can't give consent, but the person can before he is a corpse. And if you're saying a corpse can't give consent then a corpse can't be raped either.
Old 08-27-2005, 03:51 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Don't the arguments in your post deal solely with the practicality problems of necrophilia as it relates to legislation and law enforcement, rather than the actual morality of it?

[/ QUOTE ]

No, I believe both Sklansky and I are talking about the morality of necrophilia, though I can't speak for him. Morality and legislation are two differnt issues.
Old 08-27-2005, 04:00 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

No, I believe both Sklansky and I are talking about the morality of necrophilia, though I can't speak for him. Morality and legislation are two differnt issues.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry, my post was meant to be addressed to sexdrugs money.

I see you're new to twoplustwo. Welcome. One of my favorite features of the interface of this forum is the Re: line directly beneath the subject title of every post. It allows you to see which poster the post is addressed specifically towards. It's really quite nice, and I frequently wish it were a feature when I'm using other online forums.
Old 08-27-2005, 04:09 AM

Thanks for the welcome. I am really enjoying the discussions that are being had at this board. It's a great break from the mindless flaming that I've seen elsewhere. Issues such as philosophy are meant to be disagreed on, and this seems to be a wonderful place to respectfully disgree. I look forward to reading and writing many future posts.
Old 08-27-2005, 04:11 AM

[ QUOTE ]

The law says you cannot rape your wife.

[/ QUOTE ]

From the Wife, Spouse, Marital Abuse Information Page by the Wellesley Centers for Women.

[ QUOTE ]

Today it is a crime in all 50 states (and federal lands) for a husband to rape his wife.

[/ QUOTE ]

Source

[ QUOTE ]

Prostitution is legalized in Nevada and sex is guaranteed if money is accepted. It's a legal transaction.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes but after accepting the money the prostitute does not lose her right to say no, and can change her mind give the customer a refund.

A corpse cannot.

[ QUOTE ]

Slippery slope. This is an invalid argument. Anyone who has taken a logic course will recognize this fallacy.

[/ QUOTE ]

Explain, and use the issue of autopsy and the law in your reply.

[ QUOTE ]

Corpses can't give consent, but the person can before he is a corpse.

[/ QUOTE ]

he? ("not that there is anything wrong with that!" - Seinfeld) [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Yes, but you ignore the issue of contract and whether that consent was given under duress, or not given at all (forged consent).

The only evidence one could have is a psychological evaluation and video-taped self confession of having a sound mind when they enter into the contract, but even then one always has the right to say no when it comes to sex and change their mind.

[ QUOTE ]

And if you're saying a corpse can't give consent then a corpse can't be raped either.

[/ QUOTE ]

Definition of Rape:

[ QUOTE ]

rape n.
The crime of forcing another person to submit to sex acts, especially sexual intercourse.

[/ QUOTE ]

When you sleep, you can't give consent. So if a person sneaks into your house and engages in anal sex with you while you are asleep is that rape?

no consent = no sex. (memorize this before you go on your next date, please!) [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Cheers,
SDM