Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-02-2005, 10:19 AM

Default Re: How can anyone 8 table?

[ QUOTE ]
So, people who 8 table are: calculating EV, pot odds, reading others' hands and putting them on ranges(who raised preflop, opponent's positions, etc), determining who is bluffing and who is inducing a bluff, determining who is slowplaying, and determining who is trying for a free card?

On 8 tables???

[/ QUOTE ]

You don't need to do all that stuff, come on man.

Haven't you learned how to bet and fold to a raise yet?
Old 09-02-2005, 10:30 AM

I think that is why low limit is increasingly becoming a smaller percentage of the games I play. NL short handed fits my personality more. And my BB is much higher than at low limit (although I've only played about 1,500 NL cash games, compared to about 4,000 low limits).
Old 09-02-2005, 10:33 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I think that is why low limit is increasingly becoming a smaller percentage of the games I play. NL short handed fits my personality more. And my BB is much higher than at low limit (although I've only played about 1,500 NL cash games, compared to about 4,000 low limits).

[/ QUOTE ]

You've only played 6k hands of poker and you consider your BB/100 to mean anything at all?

You have a harsh reality shock in store. Have fun.
Old 09-02-2005, 10:35 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You've only played 6k hands of poker and you consider your BB/100 to mean anything at all?

You have a harsh reality shock in store. Have fun.

[/ QUOTE ]

Nope I don't expect it to mean much. I recognize it's a small sample size.
Old 09-02-2005, 11:24 AM

[ QUOTE ]
So, people who 8 table are: calculating EV, pot odds, reading others' hands and putting them on ranges(who raised preflop, opponent's positions, etc), determining who is bluffing and who is inducing a bluff, determining who is slowplaying, and determining who is trying for a free card?

On 8 tables???

[/ QUOTE ]

Um yeah. You will obviously not being doing all this to the best of your ability, but you should still be doing it. 8 tabling really isnt that hard.

-SmileyEH
Old 09-02-2005, 01:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]

On 8 tables???

[/ QUOTE ]

At 2/4, everyone sucks. It's not hard at all.

Seriously though, you will figure out who the other good player are quickly, the fish are fish, just bet, they will call.