Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-19-2005, 03:13 PM

Default Re: Weird Limp ReRaise Hand (Party 10/20)

You've heard how people call AQ the worst hand in poker because it gets you into so much trouble? Well AJ is (obviously) even worse. It was, in my opinion, a very bad idea to make that huge preflop reraise. Personally, it looks to me like you're representing AA or something like that. I can sort of see you making that move if your hope is to take the pot down right there. But getting called there, and seeing that flop, is some big trouble. You're behind AK, AQ, AA, and KK. With three callers, I'd have to assume one of them has something like that.

Can you really see someone calling these raises preflop with A10 or worse? That's about the only way you're making money here, as I see it.
Old 06-19-2005, 07:38 PM

for some reason I have a hard time putting the flop bettor on AA.
Old 06-19-2005, 09:40 PM

Default results

I flat called the bet, and the turn was a 10. I check and the other guy bets 900, and so I just say XXXX and move in. He calls instantly with QJ offsuit for the straight. Do you think I should have moved in after his flop bet? This hand just pissed me off.
Old 06-19-2005, 09:43 PM

Default Re: results

I'm assuming you didn't leave the table until he/she left the table.
Old 06-19-2005, 11:31 PM

Hi cardsharkk,

I think you've gotten some of the worst advice ever in this thread. How can people be thinking you can fold this hand after the flop? You should be trying to win this nice big pot now, and not worrying about it if some idiot was too scared to re-raise a loose raiser with AQ/AK/KK. You definitely have the best hand a huge percentage of the time on the flop.

By the way, I love the flop re-raise, and I have played with you quite a while ago, and remember that you were playing the same way then, which is a total anomaly in this game. But I don't quite get what you're asking, re: post-flop.

Basically, the pot's too big and your hand's not big enough to try to milk it, but folding is out of the question. I would've bet 2/3 pot or so, since there can't be too many good draws available. Why bet so big if you're either behind or they're drawing to 4 outs or less? Because they very well may call you; they did pre-flop.
Old 06-20-2005, 12:11 AM

Default Re: results

[ QUOTE ]
I flat called the bet, and the turn was a 10. I check and the other guy bets 900, and so I just say XXXX and move in. He calls instantly with QJ offsuit for the straight. Do you think I should have moved in after his flop bet? This hand just pissed me off.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you should buddy list ASAP [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]
Old 06-20-2005, 01:21 AM

Yea, this pot shoulda gone down on the flop
Old 06-20-2005, 01:30 AM

there's no way i can lay this down... i push it expecting to win and cry when they flip over AK (ill be drawing dead) or KK (im drawing to an ace... aka 1 out) for the boat
Old 06-20-2005, 01:37 AM

[ QUOTE ]
there's no way i can lay this down... i push it expecting to win and cry when they flip over AK (ill be drawing dead) or KK (im drawing to an ace... aka 1 out) for the boat

[/ QUOTE ]

or um, a jack.

-SmileyEH
Old 06-20-2005, 01:52 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I've been at this table for 10 or 15 min. and have not played a hand yet. I get AsJs UTG and limp, a player who raises with a lot of marginal hands raises in MP to 65 and gets 3 callers. With my tight image I decided to reraise to 325 and the original raiser folds, but the other 3 call. WTF? Flop is AAK rainbow. Should I be happy? I kinda wanted a low flop to represent my overpair. Anyway I check and the first guy bets 300 into the $1300 pot. Not really sure what to do here, kind of an odd situation. I know not many of you would make the preflop reraise, but what would you do on the flop? All stacks are about 2k

[/ QUOTE ]

youre stuck to this one...