Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-20-2005, 05:25 AM

Default Re: Poker Abroad

http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/sh...Number=2305648

I finally solve both problems.
You should prepare for similar problems and be ready to send
enumerous count of faxes and emails attached with scanned documents.
Old 05-20-2005, 05:29 AM

You are wrong, simply ring them BEFORE you access your neteller account from abroad and you will have NO PROBLEMS.
Old 05-20-2005, 05:34 AM

thanks for Your advice, I'll call next time
Old 05-20-2005, 06:16 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Kane where in Thailand, I am going for a holiday down from China in August, I'm not sure exactly where, 2hrs north of Bangkok, I have a friend with a thai wife they are from this area.

[/ QUOTE ]

im in bangkok but move around alot.

2 hours north by plane or car? im guessing car... if this is the case, id imagine youre going to be in the middle of nowhere - which isnt a bad thing.
Old 05-20-2005, 06:58 AM

sounds like a good plan. i'm jealous.
and i'm looking forward to something semi-similar at some point perhaps.

my GF is from Peru so heading to Argentina is OUT for us. Evidently some Peruvians have a thing against Argentines.
The Argentines look down at the Peruvian for being more native...and the Peruvians may look at the Argentines as being a bit snobbish. I guess this comes from Buenos Aries being the 'Paris of South America'. With a certain element of sophistication comes perhaps some of the ideas of elitism (or something like that...I won't pretend to really understand too much about it).

I worked with 3 argentines and we got along just dandy.

The argentines I worked with as well as my GF would agree that the spanish may be easier to pick-up for an outsider. I think they speak a little slower there. The Argentines I worked with told me that Peruvians are known for speaking a more 'correct' spanish. All I know is that when the GF is on the phone with her Mom or brother she talks REALLY freaking fast.

We may go to Europe at some point. Not sure...it's a bit complicated but the possibilities are there if I continue to do this since it is obviously rather easily transportable as far as occupations go.

Right now I'm hoping to have more mini-adventures as opposed to a longer, extended adventure such as yours.

A week on a cruise ship in Mexico last March.

And coming up I've got the WSOP. I'm going to stay out there for 3 weeks. Hope to play in a couple prelim-events...but mostly just want to live it up in vegas.

If I can make it to Aruba in Sept or maybe one of the EPT destinations (Barcelona, Vienna, Paris...wherever, I'm not that picky really) then that would be the icing on a REALLY terrific year.

While the idea of packing and moving to South America or Europe is very appealing I'm reasonably content with the direction I'm taking this thing right now and just hope it is able to continue.
Old 05-20-2005, 10:23 AM

Wow, I've always thought the orient would be quite an amazing place to travel. However, I had no idea that there would be any possibility at all of accessing poker sites from China. It's excellent to see that some of you are finding your way abroad as well. If all works out with S. America, China is definetly something I'll be considering. I was budgeting 5k to get me to Buenos Aires and to secure rent for a few months. You suggest 6-8k to setup in China...Maybe I'll have to expand my budget a little. Perhaps I'll dip into my bankroll some and step down like you suggested as I'm currently bankrolled for 10/20.
Old 05-20-2005, 10:28 AM

[ QUOTE ]
im in thailand.

[/ QUOTE ]

really? some time ago i heard that access to online gambling sites were blocked by the government in thailand. Is that true?
Old 05-20-2005, 01:20 PM

I have a question -

for those of you playing abroad in asia, how you do you deal with the time differences in term of good game selection times?
Old 05-20-2005, 01:25 PM

I used to live in Australia so not much of a change in times, I sleep whenever and play whenever...also games are good 24/7 at PP, infact everywhere really.
Old 05-26-2005, 04:41 AM

I'm playing in Thailand too. A lot of sites are blocked, but it's simply a matter of using a proxy server to get around it, imagine the same is true for China.

Been here 7 months now, and the timezone is a problem, I play all night and sleep all day, so don't get much time to take advantage of the sun, the timezones in South America are far more convenient than Asia.

Another problem is that I play a lot less hours than if I was at home, too easy to party too much whilst in a foreign country, especially when the best time for that clashes with the best time to play poker.

Be prepared for lots of faxes/e-mails to confirm your identity too, as a previous poster pointed out.

Just started using this forum, and was surprised to see others playing from Asia, so decided to sign up and make this post.