Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-04-2005, 10:31 AM

Default Re: $55 small pair good enough to push?

[ QUOTE ]

Ran it in SNGPT, it seems like its a minimum of +.3% EV. Thats almost $2 in a $55 sit and go!!! Huge amount to make on one hand imo.

[/ QUOTE ]Not really sure if my sarcasm detector is simply on the fritz, but what calling ranges did you use to get the minimum +.3% EV? I think 66 should be in the pushing range, but I don't think it's a real simple matter to determine even with the use of SNGPT.

If you give everyone a calling range of 99+,AKo,AQs+, SNGPT says hero should push with 45% of hands. If you loosen the calling range to 99+,AQo+,AJs+ SNGPT says hero should push with just 14% of hands. Loosen it further to 88+,ATo+,A8s+ and SNGPT says hero should push with 6% of hands (which does not include 66). When the addition of just a few calling hands swings the push range from 45% to 14% to 6%, I don't think there can be any definitive answer. We simply can't narrow down the calling ranges sufficiently to draw any significant conclusions. (Especially since each player's stack will dictate a slightly different calling range.)
Old 11-04-2005, 12:24 PM

I push this. If I had more than 10 BB I'd let it go though.
Old 11-04-2005, 01:09 PM

Hi. In this situation, with less than 10 big blinds, I am all-in...especially with the short stack already neatly folded, which makes the push even easier. Have a nice weekend! [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 11-05-2005, 12:10 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Ran it in SNGPT, it seems like its a minimum of +.3% EV. Thats almost $2 in a $55 sit and go!!! Huge amount to make on one hand imo.

[/ QUOTE ]Not really sure if my sarcasm detector is simply on the fritz, but what calling ranges did you use to get the minimum +.3% EV? I think 66 should be in the pushing range, but I don't think it's a real simple matter to determine even with the use of SNGPT.

If you give everyone a calling range of 99+,AKo,AQs+, SNGPT says hero should push with 45% of hands. If you loosen the calling range to 99+,AQo+,AJs+ SNGPT says hero should push with just 14% of hands. Loosen it further to 88+,ATo+,A8s+ and SNGPT says hero should push with 6% of hands (which does not include 66). When the addition of just a few calling hands swings the push range from 45% to 14% to 6%, I don't think there can be any definitive answer. We simply can't narrow down the calling ranges sufficiently to draw any significant conclusions. (Especially since each player's stack will dictate a slightly different calling range.)

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm almost sure you got these results without turning off the minimum advantage button. That calculates it as though you need a .5% advantage for every play, which is absurdly high IMO.