Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-07-2005, 01:08 PM

Default Re: I dont care about Katrina

[ QUOTE ]
I'd have to go with bad person on this one. I can understand not caring about it, but you shouldn't let other peoples' concern bother you.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 09-07-2005, 01:09 PM

No, this doesn't make you a bad person. This makes you a horrible person.

I'm sure the homeless now living in the Astrodome are sick of hearing about the "Poker Boom", as well. I can't believe you actually wrote this, seriously.
Old 09-07-2005, 01:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm sure the homeless now living in the Astrodome are sick of hearing about the "Poker Boom", as well.

[/ QUOTE ]

WTF
Old 09-07-2005, 01:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I'm sure the homeless now living in the Astrodome are sick of hearing about the "Poker Boom", as well.

[/ QUOTE ]

WTF

[/ QUOTE ]

Seriously... this fell about 30 yards short of making any sense
Old 09-07-2005, 01:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I know what you mean. I hate hearing about the Holocaust, Hiroshima, 9/11, and the tsunami. [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 09-07-2005, 01:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm sick of hearing about it, and it being the only topic on everyone's mind, and how people will find the stupidest ways to tie it into any little conversation. I had my first day of classes today and so far 2 for 2 professors have mentioned it, and this is just in stupid first day get the syllabus out and leave classes. Does this make me a bad person, or are others sick of it too?

[/ QUOTE ]

You'd care if you had a family member or friend who was affected by it. But, you're just some lame college student who thinks the world revolves around dollar pitchers and skipping class to play poker. Print your post out and read it in five yrs. You might think differently.

So, in summary, you're probably not a bad person, you're just horribly insensitive and selfish.
Old 09-07-2005, 01:33 PM

That's because it's intended to be ironic. Sorry.
Old 09-07-2005, 01:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
No, this doesn't make you a bad person. This makes you a horrible person.

I'm sure the homeless now living in the Astrodome are sick of hearing about the "Poker Boom", as well. I can't believe you actually wrote this, seriously.

[/ QUOTE ]

they aren't homeless. they live in the astrodome.

cheers!
Old 09-07-2005, 01:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I'm sick of hearing about it, and it being the only topic on everyone's mind, and how people will find the stupidest ways to tie it into any little conversation. I had my first day of classes today and so far 2 for 2 professors have mentioned it, and this is just in stupid first day get the syllabus out and leave classes. Does this make me a bad person, or are others sick of it too?

[/ QUOTE ]

You'd care if you had a family member or friend who was affected by it. But, you're just some lame college student who thinks the world revolves around dollar pitchers and skipping class to play poker. Print your post out and read it in five yrs. You might think differently.

So, in summary, you're probably not a bad person, you're just horribly insensitive and selfish.

[/ QUOTE ]

when the school shooting at columbine took place, i was in grad school. 2 days later, grad students there were complaining about this same sort of thing. about how it needed to be let go, about how it was pointless to talk about it in class (this is a masters program in education, btw).

it was a stupid thing for people to say then, and it's a much much more stupid thing to say now, IMO. but it's what selfish, callous, ignorant people say when something in the news takes their minds off of TRL for 10 minutes.
Old 09-07-2005, 01:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I know what you mean. I hate hearing about the Holocaust, Hiroshima, 9/11, and the tsunami. [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

i would say millions killed in gas chambers and millions killed by an atomic bomb are much much much worse than 10k people dying from staying in their own houses while a natural disaster was approaching. people need to get it togeteher. making insane comparisons make you look insane, not intelligent.

rj