Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-30-2005, 03:21 AM

Default Re: ???s for conservatives and repub supportters- Delay

The conservatives here,as elsewhere, tend to be bigots. They believe that the ends justify the means. The ends are their economic enrichment. The means are killing whoever it takes. They care nothing for the constitution, and rejoice in extortion backed up by a biased police state.
Old 09-30-2005, 03:26 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Didn't Delay do the correct and honorable thing in resigning?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm pretty sure that was required by House rules.

[/ QUOTE ]

My understanding is that it was required under GOP rules.
Old 09-30-2005, 11:39 AM

If you look at Earle’s history, it certainly looks politically motivated as he has a history of using his office to attack his political opponents regardless of party. That, plus the “Drop the charges in exchange for donations” bit plus now the movie deal sounds very suspicious.

The indictment itself is a round robin in that Delay’s conviction depends on the others being convicted but the others conviction hinges on Delay being convicted. Second from trying to follow the indictment itself, it seems that corporations gave to a PAC (not illegal), the PAC gave to the RNC (not illegal) then the RNC gave to State candidates (not illegal). Texans help out here but isn’t the law that corporations can’t contribute directly to a candidate?

To your questions:
[ QUOTE ]
How much evidence would you need to decide/admit that this guy's as crooked as a dog's leg? would conviction be enough?

[/ QUOTE ]

Crooked as a dog’s leg?, how about guilty/not guilty. I tend to agree with Felix on this one – Convict him outside of Travis County. But as far as my opinion goes, I’d like to see some hard evidence other than the uncorroborated testimony of an unindicted co-conspirator. (I’m a tough sell on a jury too [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] )

[ QUOTE ]
what chance, expressed as a %, do you think there is that he IS guilty...

[/ QUOTE ]

Disregarding everything else (politics, motivation, etc) from what I’ve seen so far, 0%. If I were on that Grand Jury I’d have no-billed it whether it was Tom Delay or Barbara Boxer.
Old 09-30-2005, 12:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The conservatives here,as elsewhere, tend to be bigots. They believe that the ends justify the means. The ends are their economic enrichment. The means are killing whoever it takes. They care nothing for the constitution, and rejoice in extortion backed up by a biased police state.

[/ QUOTE ]

Other than your personal views, how would I go about verifying what you claim? Would a google search lead to any proof? Could I make a strong case for your views if I chose to argue for you? Please help me "get to the bottom of this."

Sign me,
A Concerned Citizen