Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-06-2005, 04:23 AM

Default results

he had pocket queens.
Old 07-06-2005, 04:23 AM

Default Re: TT from EP

I raise:

AQs/AK and JJ+ when UTG/UTG+1 in a full ring game. If it's folded to me in UTG+2 I will raise TT+ and AJs/AQ/AK.
Old 07-06-2005, 04:29 AM

Default Re: results

[ QUOTE ]
he had pocket queens.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hate to be results oriented, but this is another reason not to raise with TT in EP. The problem is this. On a flop of all unders, you are going to have far less chance of having a TPGK type hand to pay you off (because you need people to have A8s or something similiar). You also end up paying off JJ/QQ a lot because people will smooth call PF raises with these hands often. Moreover, when the flop does call all unders, there's a higher chance people have a set or a straight draw, because there are less cards under 10. Thirdly, people who call your bets with flushdraws almost always have at least 3 hidden outs, which leaves you in a sticky situation.

So basically, I think you make a fair amount off of A8s or 99 when you do flop an overpair with TT, and you also lose less to JJ/QQ (because they give away information by raising PF), and you are more likely to play a big pot with a set on say a 4TK board because people are less afraid of AK when they hold KQ.