Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-07-2005, 04:41 AM

Default Re: a couple hands

[ QUOTE ]
Hey Qtip,

You make a really good point and focus is something I've been working on myself. My VPIP is normally 16.5 and I'd also like to get it up. For me, the spot where I usually miss that extra 2% comes from missing isolation raises.

I know this is a sloppy way to think, but I figure that on average I should find 2 hands out of a 100 block that I should have played but didn't. So I went back and checked my history and found these two folds.

1. MP (72,16) openlimps. Folded to me in CO with A7o. I fold.

2. LMP (31, 15 raised A3s UTG+1) openraises. I fold KQo 2 off button.

First is an easy raise right? How about #2?

Sometimes there are too many things going on when we multi-table, but more often than not we are just being lazy like you say.

[/ QUOTE ]

You need to tell us more about the table before we can talk about what is correct here.
Old 07-07-2005, 05:13 AM

1. Openlimper was decent postflop. Capable of folding when behind. Button and SB were TAGS. BB was fish.

2. LMP was bad postflop. Overaggressive with draws and saw lots of showdowns. CO and Button were LA-P. SB fish, BB TAG.

Anything else I should know/be paying attention to?
Old 07-07-2005, 09:42 AM

Default Re: King Yao rec.?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Could u please link to King Yao`s rec?

[/ QUOTE ]

he's talking about this book . AFAIK the starting hand chart is not online anywhere. the book is worth the money for this and much more.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks for the book link. That's the one I was talking about. Great take on looking at odds and pot equity.
Old 07-07-2005, 09:46 AM

In hand #1, the King Yao book advocates isolation raising. I'd usually fold in that spot myself, but have been recently exploring the possibilities of this play against loose limpers.
Old 07-07-2005, 10:33 AM

I'd be a little worried about not being able to Knock the BB out of the first hand preflop.
Old 07-07-2005, 11:09 AM

Location: I\'m a FAG:Frugal Aggressive(Not that there is anything wrong with that)
Default Re: ABC = Lazy

i have also experienced a correlation between adding tables and decreasing my VPIP and PFR%. too small a sample for me to declare anything beyond variance....yet.
Old 07-07-2005, 11:17 AM

Qtip, the total volume of hands your grinding out is impressive. I'm just curious, how long do you usually play each session? I know my game deteriorates dramatically after about 3 hours of 8 tabling the 2/4. I used to try to play 2 four hour sessions per day but I tend to aquire more calling station tendancies the longer i play. Experience anything similar?
Old 07-07-2005, 01:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Qtip, the total volume of hands your grinding out is impressive. I'm just curious, how long do you usually play each session? I know my game deteriorates dramatically after about 3 hours of 8 tabling the 2/4. I used to try to play 2 four hour sessions per day but I tend to aquire more calling station tendancies the longer i play. Experience anything similar?

[/ QUOTE ]

I've not (perceived at least) experienced this yet. I've played a 9 hour session of 8-tabling, and I think I was fine.

I'm probably keeping all my sessions under 6 hours from here on out though. Not for any reason in specific outside of just breaking up the sessions to hang out and do things with my family.
Old 07-07-2005, 01:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Well, if "being lazy" allows you to put more hours in (since your playing ABC) then it might not be as bad as you think.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think this is the case.