Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-17-2005, 09:53 PM

Default Re: Blisters From Soccer

Excellent advice from both Victor and Alobar, especially the second skin. That stuff works wonders.

Popping the blister for starters will help alot. This will relieve the pressure under the skin. But if you choose this route you must either remove the dead flap of skin and keep very clean or leave the dead flap and keep the area even cleaner.

I'm guessing these are a new pair of shoes too. I always get 1-2 blisters with a new pair of soccer shoes. I just got new Copas, and I have to break them in before my first game Sunday. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

Joe
Old 04-17-2005, 09:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
My rec-league soccer team went 3-0 this week. Won today 5-2 to improve our record to 4-1-1 and into a tie for 2nd place in Division 4 of the Greater Memphis Soccer Association.

[/ QUOTE ]

You, sir, are an animal! [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Just to make sure your not alone in the bragging, I shut out my opponent in a 6-0 win on Wednesday in our last indoor game of the season. The victory guaranteed we didn't finish in last place. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Joe
Old 04-18-2005, 02:09 PM

Things that help beforehand: Good socks, good cleats.
Things that help afterwards: NeoSporin, BandAid Advanced Healing, New-Skin.
Old 04-18-2005, 02:11 PM

Get some shoes that actually fit.
Old 04-18-2005, 02:15 PM

Try:

1) Second skin or whatever it's called
2) Making sure your shoes fit right
3) Wearing two pairs of socks and/or changing your socks in between games if you are playing for a long time
Old 04-18-2005, 02:16 PM

If you're going to drain the blisters (assuming they haven't already popped), the best way is to take a sterile sewing needle, (Use alcohol or a flame) and poke a very small hole to let the fluid out, leaving the skin in place. You may need to repeat (the hole will sometimes seal itself and the blister refill. Of course you should shower, or at least wash your feet, before you do this.
Old 04-18-2005, 02:17 PM

Keeping dry socks handy is what always worked for me, even if you ahve to change mid game. Also I dont know if you are playing indoor or outdoor and wear shin gaurds, but in HS when I played I had shin gaurds that had the straps that go all they way down around your the bottom of your foot, those caused blisters for me for some reason.
Old 04-18-2005, 02:36 PM

Actually, I'm not a soccer player. My experience with blisters is from hiking. Clean dry socks, and boots that fit, are the key to preventing blisters, but on a long hike, sometimes you will get them anyway. Walking out ten miles with a broken blister sucks. It's not bad enough to call in the search and rescue to haul you out, but you will probably think about it before you're done.
Old 04-18-2005, 02:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]

rec-league soccer team went 3-0 this week. Won today 5-2 to improve our record to 4-1-1 and into a tie for 2nd place in Division 4 of the Greater Memphis Soccer Association.

[/ QUOTE ]

pfffft ...

My mens B league intramural team is X-1 over 4 quarters (about 30 games) and the only game we lost was cause of a dive in the box for a penalty kick followed by a red card on our player for freaking out on the ref.

Our usual win is 6-1
Old 04-18-2005, 02:43 PM

i don't have neosporin or any of that stuff so i'm just going to keep playing without doing anything about my blisters, that's my decision