Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-23-2005, 04:36 PM

Default Re: You raised to much

Maybe I didnt express myself correctly in this kind of situations you got to ask urself "Am I willing to go All in?" becuase after a 10$ bet you very likley might get raised to an All in especially on party and skins in the 25$ (very loose tables), I am not saying you played it wrongly but remeber what Rubeen and Ciaffone say in their book "The threat is much stronger than ur ammunition" Bet enough to scare him away (he might have trips) but not enough to comitt urself if ur not planing to call

mushi [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
Old 06-23-2005, 04:43 PM

Personal Pointers:
1.) I don't raise w/ TT at these tables - the value isn't there, because people aren't dumping weak overcards to your TT often enough. If any JQKA hits your in a tumultuous spot. (That however is just me, and it's perfectly reasonable to raise TT, here.)

2.) Your flop bet is way too much. You should be betting around $6-7 here.

3.) It would be difficult to fold this now, because the pot is over $18, and you only have $17 left to call. I see people playing sets like this very often - putting someone on an overpair they think they won't be able to get away from. The fact that he played KK like this wasn't the best play, but it worked on you.
Old 06-23-2005, 05:07 PM

Totally understand what you are saying about holding Tens at these tables; though, when one has position and there are only 2 callers, I think it is wise to push a little with Tens and Jacks.

If I'm UTG or even early middle position, I often just call and hope to flop a set or str8t draw, but I'm not sure if this would be categorized as a weak/passive/bad play.

I agree that the flop bet was a bit much. Yet I wonder if I would have released it if I bet 2/3 and he went all-in. Doesn't seem to be much difference against a short-stack.