Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-29-2005, 06:12 AM

Default Re: fairly simple position question?

Why would you rather have the one of them who play fairly well behind if they 3bet about the same ammount ?

I think IŽd prefer the one who spew and doesnŽt fold if either is going to 3bet me alot.
Old 10-29-2005, 06:13 AM

Default Re: I disagree with all of you, why am I wrong?

I think he would have included reads on the other players, were there any, as this would be important.
Old 10-29-2005, 06:22 AM

The one who plays fairly well will make more correct folds postflop. Having position on the one who does not make correct folds postflop gives you a better advantage, as you are able to exploit his postflop mistakes more often (you will be up against him more often because he doesn't fold) by controlling value betting/raising in position.
Old 10-29-2005, 06:35 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Why would you rather have the one of them who play fairly well behind if they 3bet about the same ammount ?

I think IŽd prefer the one who spew and doesnŽt fold if either is going to 3bet me alot.

[/ QUOTE ]

When you 3-bet light and play LAG postflop, you hurt the person(s) to your right by making it hard for them to control the hand with their marginal holdings. However, you open yourself up to people playing solid to your left who can now selectively enter the pot and earn lots with their strong hands. IMO it's pretty common knowledge to avoid having a good playing LAG to your left.
Old 10-29-2005, 07:26 AM

I don't think Victor will pipe in anytime soon to clarify, but if this were a 4-handed situation would you agree with me?

You get a much looser steal range with the LP in the BB as opposed to a LAG when you're on the button, and the LP button will steal your BB far less often. Do you think being able to play more hands profitably preflop outweighs the postflop benefits of the other lineup when both the LP and LAG are involved in the pot?
Old 10-29-2005, 12:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
When does Victor say it's a 4 handed game?

[/ QUOTE ]

oooops. i should clarify it is indeed 4-handed.
Old 10-29-2005, 12:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think he would have included reads on the other players, were there any, as this would be important.

[/ QUOTE ]

its only 4handed now.
Old 10-29-2005, 12:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Interseting question. I would say 2, 3 hero, 1.

[/ QUOTE ]
i dont like having have both lags to your right bc you are gonna be shut out of a lot of pots when its 3bets to you. also, you cant isolate the loosey and your blinds will be constantly under attack.

the reason i hate having both lags to my left is my propensity for being 3bet is through the roof. i know all you guys are thinking, "ok, lets isolate the loosey," but im sorry it aint happening with these guys. they dont discriminate between openraising and 3betting. they 3bet them all and it sucks hardcore. i really think this is the worst of all choices.

so i think the best position is smack in the middle of the lags. now, i have some chance to isolate the lag if he raises and i have a10 or 88 kq. or i can isolate the loosey decent amount of time when the lag folds. sure i will get 3bet by the other lag sometimes but my chance of being 3bet is a lot less with only one lag behind me.

lastly, i prefer the more laggy guy on my right. now i have position and can just let him bluff or mindlessly bet into me all day.

so i guess i like [3 2 hero 1].
Old 10-29-2005, 01:00 PM

I think you led everyone astray (well, me for one) when you said the LAGs were 32/25. I don't consider myself LAG, but these are very close to my figures.
Old 10-29-2005, 01:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think you led everyone astray (well, me for one) when you said the LAGs were 32/25. I don't consider myself LAG, but these are very close to my figures.

[/ QUOTE ]

so you routinely do this:

perhaps i should describe the lags a bit more. they willingly and routinely would 3bet a5s, 44, j10 with a coldcaller in between (the table was fuller b4).

they also bet until shown resistance (although one showed a bit of restraing sometimes)

fwiw i am about 25/20 and was at about 28/22 at this table. do you really wanna 3bet me with a8o, j10, a4s?