Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-10-2005, 11:35 AM

Default Re: Post Flop Play for dummies - HELP

you should fold preflop. thats how.

as for scubachuck, i like firing 75 at the pot. if i get action at that point i will probably not waste any more chips on the hand. if you are having trouble with post flop play, mess around with the NL cash games. .5-1 100 max should be a decent training ground. in the last week ive been playing the 2-4 400 max 6 tabling it and amde around 6k. the best part is that it has GREATLY improved my post flop play, which will come in very handy when i decide to start dominating sngs again. lead out for more than a min bet next time and you should be fine, should definitely get fools with no pair and backdoor to fold. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] holla
Old 03-10-2005, 11:39 AM

[ QUOTE ]
How should I play this differently?

[/ QUOTE ]

Push on the turn.
Old 03-10-2005, 11:41 AM

pushing the turn is terrible..
Old 03-10-2005, 11:42 AM

Your very early in the tourney. You have a good stack. 2 choices that I will rotate. Fold preflop if the table is aggressive. Call and see the flop if it's passive. On that flop I'm gone to a nickel bet. The pot is just too small and your chips just too important right now. If you limp, you want a really solid hit so you can take control of the hand. If you don't get it your just chasing. And I don't noramlly plan on runner runner flush.

Later,
Rick
Old 03-10-2005, 11:46 AM

ok, first off, he cant fold preflop because he is in the BB. second off, he should never limp if he were not in the BB because J9o is a terrible hand. 3rd and finally, he should definitely lead at this flop. there are only 3 people involved and they all limped. the pot is NOT too small to take a stab at with top pair with no draws out there. holla
Old 03-10-2005, 11:49 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Your very early in the tourney. You have a good stack. 2 choices that I will rotate. Fold preflop if the table is aggressive. Call and see the flop if it's passive. On that flop I'm gone to a nickel bet. The pot is just too small and your chips just too important right now. If you limp, you want a really solid hit so you can take control of the hand. If you don't get it your just chasing. And I don't noramlly plan on runner runner flush.

Later,
Rick

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm curious what Scuba thinks about my play. ..do you see why? [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 03-10-2005, 11:53 AM

[ QUOTE ]
pushing the turn is terrible..

[/ QUOTE ]

Ooops, I thought the 3rd player had already folded. My bad. Anyway, I definately raise the turn.
Old 03-10-2005, 11:57 AM

raptor, youu are getting confused as to which hand is being discussed. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 03-10-2005, 11:58 AM

[ QUOTE ]
ok, first off, he cant fold preflop because he is in the BB. second off, he should never limp if he were not in the BB because J9o is a terrible hand. 3rd and finally, he should definitely lead at this flop. there are only 3 people involved and they all limped. the pot is NOT too small to take a stab at with top pair with no draws out there. holla

[/ QUOTE ]
OK, I think were talking about the op hand. Seems like we agree on the hand posted later. I'll explain why I don't like betting this one. You bet and get falt called where are you? You bet and get raised where are you? Lost. A small bet is useless, as we saw here. We both agree on that. But let's say we check. If it's checked around, we get the free card too. But, what happens more often is the guy in last position will through out one of these weak bet's like op did. If he bets 30, you reraise to 100. Any further action really let's you know where you stand. Very few second pairs, top pair weak kickers, or draws are staying. If they come back over, you can safely lay it down, and you have not risked much more than betting 75 or so on the flop, while adding tons of folding equity. It screams of a set or 2 pair when you do this. Now, If you check and there's a huge bet, you can dump it without wasting a dime. You got to see the flop for free, dump it. To me you would eliminate alot of these calling down with medeoicre hands by employing the check raise more often when you are out of position.

Later,
Rick
Old 03-10-2005, 12:03 PM

check raising is a fine line, but how is check raising to 100 and getting called any different than betting 75 and getting called? if you check raise, you have to make it at least 120 to make it legit, and that is likely wasting too many chips. i like a 75 stab, and if i get called i slow WAY down. holla