Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-11-2005, 01:26 PM

Default Re: People who fold instead of check (little content)

Is this happening from the blinds? Or maybe a steal attempt he didn't want to reveal?

If there's 3+ in the hand and I have 63o from the blinds against A-Qxxx that's checked around I don't hesitate to fold. 63o isn't going anywhere multiway in a tiny pot nobody's betting and I have other tables open to attend to. I'd find it hard to believe someone folding a check is because they fear getting into trouble with their hand [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 05-11-2005, 02:37 PM

</font><blockquote><font class="small">Svar på:</font><hr />

Is this some sort of religious issue? I always use the pre-action buttons when 4-tabling, for this very reason. Also, it's really irritating to have a window pop-up as you're about to act on a different table, and causing you to misclick (for instance, I once capped 33 PF from MP3 by accident...of course, the board came 33Q, K, A, and I beat AA, QQ and JT, but the point is still the same [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]).

[/ QUOTE ]

The reason people don't want to use the pre-action buttons is, that it makes you easier to read. E.g. an instant raise indicates a very strong hand and an instant check most often indicates a pretty weak hand (the check/fold button).
Old 05-11-2005, 02:54 PM

I was just thinking about this last night and did it for the first time today. I read a thread about putting up a loose table image when you first sit down and how dif ppl try it. Anyway, it is my contention that this is +ev early in the game as semi decent players will notice it and think your an idot, maybe tending to call you down a bit more when you hit your first hand or two. *shrug*
Old 05-11-2005, 03:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Anyway, it is my contention that this is +ev early in the game as semi decent players will notice it and think your an idot, maybe tending to call you down a bit more when you hit your first hand or two. *shrug*

[/ QUOTE ]

This is interesting. I still wouldn't use it online but I might just try that live.

Problem with it online is that even if decent ppl notice, they won't remember for long (seeing as how anyone decent playing micros is undoubtably multitabling.) That and you'd still make more money from a newbie than someone who knows what they are doing that is slighly suspicious.

And even if I'm in bb with 64o, and the flop comes J K 5, if it's checked around and a 4 or 6 hits, I still might be winning those 4-6 small bets. It's worth more to check [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 05-11-2005, 03:27 PM

I agree with you completely when I'm multitabling, but when I'm just playing one table and I get a hand like this in the BB, I love to be able to turn it over for no cost. I want people thinking that I play that crap, ESPECIALLY when it doesn't cost me any money to advertise it.
Old 05-11-2005, 05:52 PM

I'll just come out and say it. Anyone who thinks open-folding is a good idea, or that using the checkboxes makes you too easy to read is nuts. Well, ok. Nuts might be a little strong. But wrong, for sure.
Old 05-11-2005, 06:19 PM

I've played HU online with 2 players who would open fold the BB in unraised pot. I complete from SB, they fold. And my brother won a live tourney over a guy who did this a few times, heads up, sometimes before a flop.

Amazing.
Old 05-11-2005, 06:23 PM

These only provide a tell if you use them like a fool. I usually use my pre action buttons to do continuation bets and semi bluffs, (mixed with some actual use of it with AA or whatever when I'm in the middle of some action.) that way if anything you are improving your chances with weaker hands.
Old 05-11-2005, 06:50 PM

I'll only fold instead of checking if I have to go piss, make a sandwich or get a beer. But never out of turn. Does that count?
Old 05-12-2005, 04:27 AM

I didn't mean that you shouldn't use the buttons, I just gave you the reason why other people don't want to use them.