Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-09-2005, 11:30 PM

Default Re: Direcway for multitabling?

[ QUOTE ]
So my options are to not buy the house or to get direcway. Or I guess I could try dial up but that doesn't sound too appealing.

[/ QUOTE ]

I wouldn't buy the house. <grin>

DirecWay's problems are not limited to latency. Lost packets are a BIG problem on their network. From my experience in helping others with DirecWay attempt to get a stable connection to poker sites, I'd say you can expect anywhere from one to 4 unplanned disconnects per hour.

This isn't quite as bad as certain wireless connections... but it is close.

I wouldn't try to make my living in online poker from a DirecWay connection. If it isn't DSL or cable... it isn't worth it, IMO.

Jester

Anyone have experience 4-6 tabling with direcway? Help asap is appreciated since I need to decide what to do about the house.

DIRECWAY PROFESSIONAL service plan is designed for home-based business owners who use personal and business applications, who need to support up to two users at a time, and frequently download large files from the Internet. This plan offers download speeds of 1 Mbps and upload speeds of 200 Kbps. 15 month commitment required. Price after 15 months is 69.99/month.

[/ QUOTE ]