Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 11-09-2005, 02:58 AM

Default Re: 2+2 is officially perfect, starting... now

2+2's moderators are going crazy here - I didn't see your thread, but if it had something in it saying "xxx is an idiot" they'll lock it and ban you for whatever reason

edit: i'm not talking about this forum, as dynasty is a good mod
Old 11-09-2005, 03:03 AM

[ QUOTE ]
2+2's moderators are going crazy here - I didn't see your thread, but if it had something in it saying "xxx is an idiot" they'll lock it and ban you for whatever reason

edit: i'm not talking about this forum, as dynasty is a good mod

[/ QUOTE ]

It had about 3 pages worth of replies and was about Chan, Brunson, and Hellmuth being added to the TOC.
Old 11-09-2005, 03:07 AM

[ QUOTE ]

It had about 3 pages worth of replies and was about Chan, Brunson, and Hellmuth being added to the TOC.

[/ QUOTE ]

I remember that thread now. I hadn't read much of it. But, there's no way I deleted it.

Even if I thought there was a problem with it, I would never delete such a large thread. It would get locked, instead.

I'll ask Mat if there's any record of what happened.
Old 11-09-2005, 03:47 AM

Old 11-09-2005, 03:50 AM

I will say this. 2+2 was a better place to be before the poker craze and before multiple moderators in each forum. And unfortunately it will never be that again.

In the b&m forum if you post a bad beat story, you can get banned. Man how about people learn to ignore threads. No law that says you need to read every one. And who cares if there are multiple threads about the same issue.

Ken
Old 11-09-2005, 04:02 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I will say this. 2+2 was a better place to be before the poker craze and before multiple moderators in each forum. And unfortunately it will never be that again.

In the b&m forum if you post a bad beat story, you can get banned. Man how about people learn to ignore threads. No law that says you need to read every one. And who cares if there are multiple threads about the same issue.

Ken

[/ QUOTE ]

I had a similar discussion on OOT the other day. I posted something and a guy replied with, this thread has been done to death and the one you wrote stinks. I have to say if it stinks why would you reply to it? Cant you just ignore it? Or if you hate it that much, just answer the question and say its been done to death.

The people that should be banned are those that reply to horrible threads with stuff like, "you dumb noob", "worst thread ever", "this stinks" because all the replies do is keep the bad threads alive and makes it hard for the forum to move on and for people to ignore it. If I see something with 10 replies I will probably want to read it. The problem is those 10 replies will be, "this thread is terrible" or something along those lines. Those are the people that should be banned if the 2+2 forums are to be great once again.
Old 11-09-2005, 04:07 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This complaint about multiple moderators does not fly in relation to PP's post. Dynasty has already come out and said that it wasn't him.

Still, since I never saw the original post, I have no idea what Dynasty would have done, if anything.
Old 11-09-2005, 04:09 AM

wow, a whole thread, by a respected poker champion no less, got deleted?
That seriously blows.

Dynasty has been on a power trip as of late, but if he says he didn't axe the thread I would bet he didn't. I wonder what happened?

Am I the only one who thinks efforts to save the WPT forum are futile and unnecessary? The place is a swamp, let it be. It will never be a bastion of poker knowledge and insight, banning and/or deleting every second poster is ridiculous and goes against the nature of an open forum.

On a tangent, any one else sick of how whenever someone on the internet gets called out for something stupid they posted, they always come back with 'yea I was/am drunk/high'. Can we knock that off please, cause you problem weren't drunk, and even if you were you're probably no more coherent sober.
Old 11-09-2005, 04:31 AM

I deleted the thread. I should not have deleted the whole thread, just the original post and some of the replies. That was an error that unfortunately cannot be fixed.

Dynasty has made great efforts of late to try to make this forum a friendlier place and one that will be inviting for poker celebrities to participate. However, when poker celebrities, themselves, contribute to the harsh enviroment here, Dynasty's efforts will most certainly be wasted.

Mat
Old 11-09-2005, 04:24 AM

There's an old saying that applies here... "Everything in moderation, including moderation".
Closed Thread