Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Poker > Stud
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-19-2005, 03:07 PM

Default Re: So is fifth a fold?

I don't think 3rd is a fold. Of your 8 primart straight cards, 2's & 6's, 2 out of 8 are dead. On your secondary straight cards, A's & 7's, none are dead. Your pair cards, #3'S, 4's, & 5's, are all live. The spades for your backdoor flush are all live. Throw in 3 more bucks ,& give the hand a chance.
Old 08-19-2005, 04:41 PM

The sinlge most common and reliable online tell is when the original raiser checks the card most likely to have improved his hand, especially here on 4th. I'd say it's 90% accurate and so obvious it's funny. Which is why I'm sure you thought you were dead and would probably have taken the same line as you.

The only lead bet I'd consider making would be on the river because I'd check/call anyway. Unless he's a fool, he has to know you suspect he has trips but might have filled or straightened yourself. I'd fold to a raise because, without a read, I'd guess it's safe he's not bluff raising a hand I beat.
Old 08-19-2005, 04:53 PM

Default Result

Sure enough - lost to trip jacks.
Old 08-19-2005, 05:28 PM

why couldn't he have 4 flush with the 10C, so he has 10's and draw against your aces? why couldn't he just have a hidden pair like J's or Q's and just using his board to take down the pot. if you played like that against me i would take so many pots from you as would other observant players. i say play on in this hand. you might need to fold on 6th if he gets a super card, but otherwise you're going to the river baby.
Old 08-19-2005, 05:32 PM

sorry, my reply before was meant for a different post.
Old 08-19-2005, 05:37 PM

yes, you are dead in the water here, but sometimes, depending upon pot size,even if you believe 100 percent someone else has higher trips, you need to stay in and try to fill up. again, depends upon pot size. remember, set vs lower set in stud is not as disastrous a position to be in compared to holdem where you are only drawing to 1 card.

the way you played this one though, you seemed uncertain, aimless and a little blind. this hand was like playing 3 card monte even though you know that you will be tricked by the dealer.
Old 08-20-2005, 05:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]

the way you played this one though, you seemed uncertain, aimless and a little blind. this hand was like playing 3 card monte even though you know that you will be tricked by the dealer.

[/ QUOTE ]

Excuse me sir, but are you a douchebag?