Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-12-2005, 11:22 PM

Default Re: $11:

In the $109s I would guess about 1/2 the players call with AQ. Maybe 1/3.
Old 12-12-2005, 11:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
In the $109s I would guess about 1/2 the players call with AQ. Maybe 1/3.

[/ QUOTE ]

Would you call or push here then?
Old 12-13-2005, 03:49 AM

I guess I answered this in the wrong place. I'm blaming that on senility and the forum update.

See my reply to the OP ^ up there somewhere.
Old 12-12-2005, 11:35 PM

Yep I see people calling this with 77 up in the 109s, plus AT up. You're definitely either raising or folding. You can't call in the 800 chip structure. I'd probably fold most of the time.
Old 12-12-2005, 11:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Folding is fine for 1/8th of your stack oop. I fold or shove depending on the reraiser.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you shove what are you going to get called by? AA-KK-QQ
mabye JJ. Does AQ or worse call here? If your are called at best you are on the wrong side of a coin flip.

[/ QUOTE ]

JJ doesn't fold here very often. Hell, I don't fold JJ here 50% of the time. Yes, you get called by all kinds of hands that would suprise you. Don't forget we hold an A and K, so AA and KK are less likely.
Old 12-13-2005, 01:13 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Folding is fine for 1/8th of your stack oop. I fold or shove depending on the reraiser.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you shove what are you going to get called by? AA-KK-QQ
mabye JJ. Does AQ or worse call here? If your are called at best you are on the wrong side of a coin flip.

[/ QUOTE ]

You WILL ALMOST ALWAYS be called by A5+,KJ+,and sometimes even QJ at the $11s early on. Never underestimate the thinking (or lack thereof) of the $11ers. They see that move and immediatly think low pair. You wouldn't believe the junk their willing to call with.

And yes, some do reraise to 100 with A5.
Old 12-13-2005, 02:18 AM

Push, I do this and get called by AT-AQ (and sometimes KQ) so often that you wouldn't believe it. This is an $11. Most of these people are morons. Yes, sometimes you see AA or KK, but that's just the way it goes. I'd say folding is definately -ev. Besides, at this point you either get to more than double up or bust early and can fire up another one. Also, don't forget that sometimes you add a not insignificant 155 chips to your stack.

Will

P.S. Please don't denigrate women just to get more responses. It's offensive.
Old 12-13-2005, 08:18 AM

This is the $11. AK-A2 calls (yes i've seen A2 call) Any pair sometimes calls, KQs calls, hell I've seen JTs call.
Old 12-13-2005, 11:38 AM

In the $11's you can push this because you'll often be called by hands that you dominate. Does that make it a fold in the $55's and up? Because I've been very confused in situations like this in the $55's, having no idea whether I should fold, call or push.
Old 12-13-2005, 01:05 AM

I think it's pretty marginal anyway you look at it. I like the push better if there is more dead money. I think you can profitably call here, but Postiga might be right here and maybe that is for 1000+ chip games.

Maybe you can fold it in an $11 or a $6, waiting for a better spot later. I'm pretty sure you can fold in a $6 and I'm positive it's a good fold in a play money game (not that that is relevant except that it makes me confident that it is possible folding is correct)