Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-16-2005, 01:52 PM

Default Re: Live 10/20 Mirage, How Good/Bad Did I do?

I should probobly give the ranges I had the players on?
Old 09-16-2005, 01:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I don't want him in my game. But if he is, I want him on my immediate left. Loosie-goosies on my right, tough, tighties on my left.

[/ QUOTE ]

Even if he's a LAG'ish Aggresive "I like to isolate my buddy out of position" Type Player? Maybe it's just because he and I know each other to well, but I hate it... I'll take position over this guy instead of the other guy all day. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd rather have him 3-bet light behind me and clear the field than have him raise light in front of me.
Old 09-16-2005, 01:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I don't want him in my game. But if he is, I want him on my immediate left. Loosie-goosies on my right, tough, tighties on my left.

[/ QUOTE ]

Even if he's a LAG'ish Aggresive "I like to isolate my buddy out of position" Type Player? Maybe it's just because he and I know each other to well, but I hate it... I'll take position over this guy instead of the other guy all day. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd rather have him 3-bet light behind me and clear the field than have him raise light in front of me.

[/ QUOTE ]

You want him 3 betting behind w/ Position on your open raise, with him knowing the range of hands you do this?

Why not let him bet infront of you, so you can pick and choose what pots you're playing with him, and have position everytime.

I can't believe y'all are agreeing with this. Money travels to the left at the poker table for a reason.
Old 09-16-2005, 02:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You want him 3 betting behind w/ Position on your open raise, with him knowing the range of hands you do this?

[/ QUOTE ]

maybe you need to mix up your play a bit.
Old 09-16-2005, 02:08 PM

Well he certainly has a range of my hands, Why mix up my play for one 2+2'er when I can make him play a different game by handcuffing him, instead of him handcuffing me. This is pretty crazy, I mean do you understand position is important right? I'm just dumbfounded by this..
Old 09-16-2005, 02:08 PM

Some guy 3-betting light behind you isn't fun but it's not a disaster. It's much better than a guy isolating bad players in front of you and keeping you out of profitable situations.
Old 09-16-2005, 02:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Well he certainly has a range of my hands, Why mix up my play for one 2+2'er when I can make him play a different game by handcuffing him, instead of him handcuffing me. This is pretty crazy, I mean do you understand position is important right? I'm just dumbfounded by this..

[/ QUOTE ]

4-bet more for a start.
Old 09-16-2005, 02:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]

I mean do you understand position is important right?

[/ QUOTE ]

i've heard something about it, yes.
Old 09-16-2005, 03:07 PM

Default Re: I hate the idea of 3 betting this flop...

[ QUOTE ]
I hate the idea of 3 betting this flop...

I should have c/r'ed the flop.

in doing so, I make it possible for me to force the UTG+1 (who im likely is drawing) to call 2 more.

he will check behind me and UTG+2 Will Bet, I raise... so I price UTG+1 hard for his draw, and the pot isn't as inflated to make his turn call as profitable.

I also saved myself money, because I am likely behind the UTG+2 and no one likes putting extra bets in when they are behind.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm having a hard time envisioning a solid 2+2 player being the first cold caller in a game that sounds pretty tight. What sort of hand would he do this with, and then call a flop bet knowing he's going to get raised, and then call a turn bet being equally certain he's going to get raised...

lf
Old 09-16-2005, 03:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

That you don't understand this shows how much you don't understand...

If he's on your right, sure your in better position to make money off of him. You're forgetting, however, that he plays well, and the money you get from him will be minimal. He gains, however, relative position on you because he's now between you and the fish. So he'll steal your opportunities to make money off the horrible players, greatly increasing his EV in the game.

Its commonly accepted that you need a better hand to call/re-raise with than you do to raise, having players like this on your immediate left gives you an opportunity to keep them uninvolved, for the most part, and leaves you to deal with the fishies in the game. If he wants to 3 bet you light, let him, if you play well you won't lose nearly as much to him as your gaining from the fish.

Make sense?

lf