Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-23-2005, 03:59 AM

Default Re: Please Show the Numbers

I agree.
Old 11-23-2005, 05:36 AM

The thing is, I don't think it's just 2+2ers who care about stuff like that. Or at the very least, I don't think it would offend people if they mentioned "Blinds are at 25 and 50" once or twice. Or showed an unobtrusive graphic when they first started.

My other pet peeve: Tell us the denominations for the chip colors. It's nice to know if a giant stack of chips really means anything.

All this could be accomplished in ten seconds. And people who DO care would appreciate it a lot.
Old 11-23-2005, 09:29 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Here are some numbers:

Average number of viewers for 2005 WSOP: 1.5MM

2+2 Max users online was 1271 @ 10/10/05 03:55 PM

While I agree with your sentiment, it's a mistake to try to project the needs of the hardcore lunatic fringe onto the average ESPN viewer.

You can be sure that ESPN tests a lot of concepts regarding how they present these shows. In fact, because the ratings are down 20% this year, 2006 will tend more towards the viewing patterns of joe and jane six-pack than towards joe 2+2.

[/ QUOTE ]

i think what's more important here is that they can improve their broadcast, joe 2+2 will be happy and joe and jane six-pack won't care about the extra numbers on screen
Old 11-24-2005, 02:17 AM

[ QUOTE ]
The thing is, I don't think it's just 2+2ers who care about stuff like that. Or at the very least, I don't think it would offend people if they mentioned "Blinds are at 25 and 50" once or twice. Or showed an unobtrusive graphic when they first started.

My other pet peeve: Tell us the denominations for the chip colors. It's nice to know if a giant stack of chips really means anything.

All this could be accomplished in ten seconds. And people who DO care would appreciate it a lot.

[/ QUOTE ]

You articulated this well.
Old 11-24-2005, 05:28 AM

I'm fairly sure the reason is that hands on the featured table/outertable are shown out of order.
Old 11-24-2005, 11:24 AM

[ QUOTE ]
A small minority that's very vocal can make a difference.

[/ QUOTE ]

Perhaps in a street riot but not in regards to a poker show on ESPN. At least I hope not, the show is fine as is. If I want a buch of statistics I'll sit on the pot and reread TOP.