Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-05-2005, 09:34 AM

Default Re: Ace Jacking off

[ QUOTE ]
You already have one BB in.

[/ QUOTE ]

That is the thinking of a fish. Calling stations wont fold the blinds because "they have money in already". BS...BS...BS
Old 04-05-2005, 09:42 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
You already have one BB in.

[/ QUOTE ]

That is the thinking of a fish. Calling stations wont fold the blinds because "they have money in already". BS...BS...BS

[/ QUOTE ]

It makes a big difference in the odds you're getting. I guess I should have worded it, "it only costs you two bets to play rather than three." Obviously it doesn't matter that you've paid the blinds, I didn't mean to imply that it does.

Either way, the main reason this hand is playable is your opponents' loose raising standards.
Old 04-05-2005, 09:48 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I think folding here is nuts. You're up against 2 players who are raising one out of 5 hands. Plus SB's stats look decent even though they're a little LAGish. He could definitely be trying to isolate the weak limper. You already have one BB is. AJ is a monster in this spot.

[/ QUOTE ]

Rubbish!

You don't have the best hand here. Even if he isolates the original raiser, it still means he's got some hand. maybe a small pp, or suited broadways. at best you are a slight favorite. more often you are a HUGE dog.
Old 04-05-2005, 10:33 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I think folding here is nuts. You're up against 2 players who are raising one out of 5 hands. Plus SB's stats look decent even though they're a little LAGish. He could definitely be trying to isolate the weak limper. You already have one BB is. AJ is a monster in this spot.

[/ QUOTE ]

Rubbish!

You don't have the best hand here. Even if he isolates the original raiser, it still means he's got some hand. maybe a small pp, or suited broadways. at best you are a slight favorite. more often you are a HUGE dog.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you're drastically overestimating how much these guy wil have you dominated. Their raising 20% of the time... that's a lot more than big pairs and big aces.
Old 04-05-2005, 10:42 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Rubbish!

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you're drastically overestimating how much these guy wil have you dominated. Their raising 20% of the time... that's a lot more than big pairs and big aces.

[/ QUOTE ]

Only what I'm saying that Hero does NOT want to play AJo off the position against two LAGs. Hero will be pushed easily off the hand.

BTW SB will propably raise ANY pair. And ANY pair defeats AJo and SOME pairs dominate it. If two guys with hi PFR % raise, it still means something. I don't think SB re-raises 20% of his hands.
Old 04-05-2005, 11:00 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Just cause the 3-better raises 20%, I'm sure he 3-bets well less than 20% of raises.
Old 04-05-2005, 11:17 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't think SB re-raises 20% of his hands.

[/ QUOTE ]

Very good point, though it may just be an isolation raise, which again widens the range of hands it could be.

Also, I don't see why you are so scared on SB having a pair. If you didn't know what UTG had (just that he's a loose raiser), but you knew SB had a pair smaller than jacks, would you fold your AJ?

Good discussion. I'm curious to see what others think of the preflop call as well.
Old 04-05-2005, 11:27 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Also, I don't see why you are so scared on SB having a pair. If you didn't know what UTG had (just that he's a loose raiser), but you knew SB had a pair smaller than jacks, would you fold your AJ?

[/ QUOTE ]

If we could somehow remove UTG, then I'd play this hand against SB.
Old 04-05-2005, 07:11 PM

Default Results

I know the PF call was iffy. UTG was a retard so I had no doubt he had junk. I figured the hand was basically HU vs SB.

Unfortunately my miracle flop wasn't quite good enough as SB showed 99 and took the pot.

Afterwards he said he slowed down because he thought I had JJ. Saved me a bet I guess.

UTG had Q8 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

Thanx