Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Topics > Science, Math, and Philosophy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-23-2005, 01:52 AM

Default Re: Question for those who think abortion is not immoral

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
For the sake of argument, let's say not much. She does not be using the money for any necessities.

[/ QUOTE ]

Lets assume we can put morality on a sliding scale. Selling the aborted fetus so a pedophile can use it, is a magnitude worse than aborting it.

[/ QUOTE ]

I strongly disagree with that. I don't see how killing a fetus could be less bad than using it as a sex toy.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well for a long time I didn't have a opinion on abortion. It seemed like both sides had intelligent points. Plus considering I have a cock I didn't really think I was the best person to ask. But recently I came across an article which states that the number 1 reason why violent crime, including murder droped so drastically was the legalization of abortion. You see, abortion laws mainly only affect the poor. And the babies that where born before roe v wade that would have been aborted where at a huge disadvantage in life. They ended up becoming criminals at a high %. It is just terrible to think of prochoice as a crime prevention technique.

[/ QUOTE ]

The figure I read was something like 70% of boys raised by single mothers have trouble with the law, I can't remember the source or whether it was restricted to mothers raising sons in low socio-economic environments or not, but I've seen my fair share of kids raised the wrong way and what happens to them and pro-choice seems a much better option.

Kids don't ask to be born and too many people have kids unprepared IMHO.
Old 09-23-2005, 01:57 AM

Freakonomics: A Rogue Economist Explores the Hidden Side of Everything
~Steven D. Levitt, Stephen J. Dubner

I think its in there, don't know if thats the original source.

chez
Old 09-23-2005, 02:01 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ] Yup that's it very interesting read. I think sklansky could write something on par with it. If he ever wanted to turn the world upside down on anything other than religion.
Old 09-23-2005, 02:04 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
For the sake of argument, let's say not much. She does not be using the money for any necessities.

[/ QUOTE ]

Lets assume we can put morality on a sliding scale. Selling the aborted fetus so a pedophile can use it, is a magnitude worse than aborting it.

[/ QUOTE ]

I strongly disagree with that. I don't see how killing a fetus could be less bad than using it as a sex toy.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well for a long time I didn't have a opinion on abortion. It seemed like both sides had intelligent points. Plus considering I have a cock I didn't really think I was the best person to ask. But recently I came across an article which states that the number 1 reason why violent crime, including murder droped so drastically was the legalization of abortion. You see, abortion laws mainly only affect the poor. And the babies that where born before roe v wade that would have been aborted where at a huge disadvantage in life. They ended up becoming criminals at a high %. It is just terrible to think of prochoice as a crime prevention technique.

It seems that when we let women decide for themselves whether they are fit to raise a child, they make the correct assessment. So I assumed that the women is aborting the child, because she could not provide for it, or live with the option of adoption. It may not be entirely moral, but selling it to a pedophile is just worse in my opinion.

[/ QUOTE ]

Whether or not abortion is moral does not depend on the circumstances of the woman (unless her life is at stake of course). It depends on when human life begins. If you believe that abortion is okay if the woman cannot provide for her child, then wouldn't it also be okay for a woman to kill her 3 month old child because she cannot provide for it? Obviously the difference between the two situations depends on how you define life.
Old 09-23-2005, 02:05 AM

[ QUOTE ]

I think its in there, don't know if thats the original source.

chez

[/ QUOTE ]

No, they are not the first ones to think of it, but yeah its in there.
Old 09-23-2005, 02:10 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

It seems that when we let women decide for themselves whether they are fit to raise a child, they make the correct assessment. So I assumed that the women is aborting the child, because she could not provide for it, or live with the option of adoption. It may not be entirely moral, but selling it to a pedophile is just worse in my opinion.

[/ QUOTE ]

Whether or not abortion is moral does not depend on the circumstances of the woman (unless her life is at stake of course). It depends on when human life begins. If you believe that abortion is okay if the woman cannot provide for her child, then wouldn't it also be okay for a woman to kill her 3 month old child because she cannot provide for it? Obviously the difference between the two situations depends on how you define life.

[/ QUOTE ] Morality is realitive. Lets begin here. agree or disagree? Based off of the aside(Unless her life is at stake) I would think that you agree.
Old 09-23-2005, 02:18 AM

[ QUOTE ]
then wouldn't it also be okay for a woman to kill her 3 month old child because she cannot provide for it?

[/ QUOTE ] Actually I think abortion should be legal up to the age of 18.

(Family driving in a car)
Kids- Are we there yet... Are we there yet...Are we there yet

Parent-If you don't cut it out I will abort you.

More effective then I will turn this car around.
Old 09-23-2005, 02:21 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Morality is realitive. Lets begin here. agree or disagree? Based off of the aside(Unless her life is at stake) I would think that you agree.

[/ QUOTE ]

Even if morality is relative, there is a HUGE difference between a situation in which you must choose between two living things (in the case of the mother's life being in danger) and choosing between life and the well being or happiness of the mother.
Old 09-23-2005, 02:22 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Morality is realitive. Lets begin here. agree or disagree? Based off of the aside(Unless her life is at stake) I would think that you agree.

[/ QUOTE ]

Even if morality is relative, there is a HUGE difference between a situation in which you must choose between two living things (in the case of the mother's life being in danger) and choosing between life and the well being or happiness of the mother.

[/ QUOTE ] What about rape?
Old 09-23-2005, 02:22 AM

Anyway, I still have not heard an explanation as to why using a fetus as a sex toy is worse than killing it.