Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-23-2005, 05:34 PM

Default Re: SB vs BB, What Line do you take?

[ QUOTE ]
Like I said in the opening I had been playing back at him alot and I was hoping he was going to get feed up

[/ QUOTE ]

Isn't this a good enough reason to raise that flop?
Old 11-23-2005, 06:06 PM

For those of you who advocate reraising preflop, what is your range to reraise with here against an unknown? I personally like seeing a flop here. I'd be much more inclined to reraise AKo or virtually nothing here for obvious reasons.
-James
Old 11-23-2005, 06:11 PM

I think a raise PF would be a good idea, as he might try to make a move given the history. On the flop I would raise here for sure. Given the way you played it, I would just call the turn and bet/raise the river, but I think that is the weakest line you could take in this hand. Raise this either PF or Flop.

Tex
Old 11-23-2005, 06:21 PM

I agree with your general logic, but...

[ QUOTE ]
I'd be much more inclined to reraise AKo or virtually nothing here for obvious reasons.

[/ QUOTE ]

this sounds fairly exploitable.
Old 11-23-2005, 09:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
For those of you who advocate reraising preflop, what is your range to reraise with here against an unknown? I personally like seeing a flop here. I'd be much more inclined to reraise AKo or virtually nothing here for obvious reasons.
-James

[/ QUOTE ]

Against someone who's superaggro preflop, reraise or fold is a pretty good line. (Trap with KK-AA if you want.)

I don't like trapping with no pair, so I'm going to reraise with AK.

In this case, opponent seems to be playing in a highly exploitable fashion (raise any 2, fold any turn if hero raises.) So against this guy calling with any 2 seems like a winning strategy, and taking it away on the turn.
Old 11-23-2005, 09:19 PM

Raising this turn is really really bad. I hope you see why. Especially when you qualify your reasons for raising the turn with the following statement...

[ QUOTE ]
I was assuming the SB had sh*t.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 11-23-2005, 10:38 PM

Perhaps you are correct. Maybe just a call on the turn would have been better the way I played this hand.
Old 11-24-2005, 01:04 AM

raise flop man, AK vs. 89 is still only a 60/40 fav, RERAISE PF IS MANDATORY!!!! if you do call, RAISE FLOP!!!!!!!!!!, if you do call RAISE TURN!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 11-24-2005, 02:35 AM

Hey G35,

Reraise pre-flop, because at some point he's gonna take a stand, and it might be with AQ/ something worse. Your context has turned AK into a monster (not that it's generally too shabby). I would have no qualms about calling off my stack with it pre-flop here, though I usually don't like that play.
Old 11-24-2005, 02:57 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I agree with your general logic, but...

[ QUOTE ]
I'd be much more inclined to reraise AKo or virtually nothing here for obvious reasons.

[/ QUOTE ]

this sounds fairly exploitable.

[/ QUOTE ]

But my opponents obviously don't know this, so how is it exploitable? Reraised pots hardly get shown down in 100 bb stack games in my experience. I can understand that it'd be exploitable if I only reraised AA and KK and nothing else, but preferring to reraise offsuit big aces as compared to suited big aces will be a pattern virtually no one will pick up on unless they scour data. Also, for the same reason I don't mind talking strategy with my friends, I can just do something different if I play someone who I have reason to believe knows this. These conversations aren't binding, are they? [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
-James