Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-19-2005, 05:55 PM

Default Re: Bush asks for sacrifice he doesn\'t ask of himself

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Not to cut you off Scoot, but we simply disagree on the war's necessity. Its been argued hundreds of times, and there's no way you're going to change my mind, and vice versa, I believe.

[/ QUOTE ]

So, to be clear, you are saying that the Iraqi war is a necessity? It's a necessity that my family is taken care of. It is a necessity to provide myself and my loved ones with food, clothing and shelter. In fact, by the very definition of the word 'necessity', these tasks are so important that I don't leave the responsibility of fulfilling them to anyone other than myself. I would be seen as incredibly irresponsible and even negligent if I were to place the onus of completing these jobs onto someone else.

For every able-bodied American between the ages of 18-35 who believes this war to be a 'necessity' yet is not serving in the armed forces, your failure to do so is due to either laziness or cowardice.

[/ QUOTE ]

Especially when you consider WWII, when tons of guys (including one of my uncles), lied about their age so that they COULD fight.
Old 08-19-2005, 05:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Not to cut you off Scoot, but we simply disagree on the war's necessity. Its been argued hundreds of times, and there's no way you're going to change my mind, and vice versa, I believe.

[/ QUOTE ]

So, to be clear, you are saying that the Iraqi war is a necessity? It's a necessity that my family is taken care of. It is a necessity to provide myself and my loved ones with food, clothing and shelter. In fact, by the very definition of the word 'necessity', these tasks are so important that I don't leave the responsibility of fulfilling them to anyone other than myself. I would be seen as incredibly irresponsible and even negligent if I were to place the onus of completing these jobs onto someone else.

For every able-bodied American between the ages of 18-35 who believes this war to be a 'necessity' yet is not serving in the armed forces, your failure to do so is due to either laziness or cowardice.

[/ QUOTE ]

Great point, especially considering that Edge34 considers health care to be an individual responsibity. He is being quite hypocritical.
Old 08-19-2005, 05:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Especially when you consider WWII, when tons of guys (including one of my uncles), lied about their age so that they COULD fight.

[/ QUOTE ]

I suspect that the same thing would happen today were our country really threatened by a foreign power. Of course, our country hasn't been threatened by Iraq, and so that's why it's getting so hard to find recruits for Boosh's war.
Old 08-19-2005, 05:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If he's so gung-ho about this war, show us some guts and send your kids to the front lines.

[/ QUOTE ]

This argument is retarded. Who has the power to force their children to enlist?
Old 08-19-2005, 05:59 PM

Noone is America has the right to "send their kids to the frontline"
Old 08-19-2005, 06:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
If he's so gung-ho about this war, show us some guts and send your kids to the front lines.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

It's not meant to be taken literally. Obviously kids can decide for themselves if they're of age, and if they're not of age then they can't go. There are plenty of 18-25 year olds in college who support the war(think College Republicans) who could go, but aren't.

Stop being lame and nitpicking at sentences while ignoring the main points in the article.
Old 08-19-2005, 06:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Great point, especially considering that Edge34 considers health care to be an individual responsibity. He is being quite hypocritical.

[/ QUOTE ]

Keep misquoting me. Maybe you should take a remedial reading course and learn that when I type "health care is a domestic policy that ALL presidents have dealt with, not Bush's sole problem" that I don't necessarily mean "health care is an individual responsibility".

Typical, however, as once again words are put in another's mouth as an attempt to discredit them. I'm not surprised or impressed.
Old 08-19-2005, 06:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

It's not meant to be taken literally. Obviously kids can decide for themselves if they're of age, and if they're not of age then they can't go. There are plenty of 18-25 year olds in college who support the war(think College Republicans) who could go, but aren't.

Stop being lame and nitpicking at sentences while ignoring the main points in the article.

[/ QUOTE ]

If it wasn't meant to be taken literally then why was it written. You have yet to show one "good point" that you said was "well made" in this abomination of an editorial letter.
Old 08-19-2005, 06:49 PM

Bush has sacrificed plenty: the truth, honor, his mortal soul.

He doesn't deserve an honorable death on the battlefield. A carbomb is too good for him. He deserves choking to death on a toothpick or having a heart attack on the toilet.
Old 08-19-2005, 06:50 PM

Fine, then step down from the letter for a second, and please address this point:

Fact: There are plenty of 18-25 year olds in college who support the war(think College Republicans) who could go, but aren't.

How are these kids not hypocrites?