Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-29-2005, 03:13 PM

Default Re: Results

[ QUOTE ]
Buddylist UTG+1. Wow.

[/ QUOTE ]

Gotta keep him tr00!
Old 05-29-2005, 03:17 PM

I'd drop that hand in a heartbeat.
Old 05-29-2005, 03:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'd drop that hand in a heartbeat.

[/ QUOTE ]
I definately overestimated my opponents ability to fold middle PP's when I thought about raising this hand. Fortunately I followed my gut feeling and just folded [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]
Old 05-29-2005, 03:38 PM

Default Re: Quack Quack

[ QUOTE ]
SB: 25/9/2

Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (9 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is BB with 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 raises</font>, MP2 calls, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB 3-bets</font>, Hero calls, UTG+1 calls, MP1 calls, MP2 calls.
Standard.

Flop: (15 SB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, Hero...
Raise?

[/ QUOTE ]

A read on the SB is mostly irrelevant. Im much more interested in a read on MP1, cause if he isnt raising behind me, im calling one here.

peace

john nickle
Old 05-29-2005, 05:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
A read on the SB is mostly irrelevant. Im much more interested in a read on MP1, cause if he isnt raising behind me, im calling one here.

[/ QUOTE ]
A read on SB is far from irrelevant, but I can definately see your the point in having a read on MP1, and the rest of the field as well. If I believe I might fold the rest of the players a raise is much better than a call, but looking at preflop I don't think I'll fold them very often here.
Old 05-29-2005, 05:43 PM

Fold it.
Old 05-29-2005, 06:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Fold it.

[/ QUOTE ]

nate, what if you suspect its not getting raised behing you? Getting 18/19:1 on a 22.5:1 shot when the bets are about to double and you know at least one person likes their hand seems to be enough to push this to a call for me. I am crazy however.

peace

john nickle
Old 05-30-2005, 03:12 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Fold it.

[/ QUOTE ]

nate, what if you suspect its not getting raised behing you? Getting 18/19:1 on a 22.5:1 shot when the bets are about to double and you know at least one person likes their hand seems to be enough to push this to a call for me. I am crazy however.

peace

john nickle

[/ QUOTE ]

If you were somehow guaranteed that it wouldn't be raised behind you, then surely it would be profitable to continue with your hand (probably for a raise rather than a call). Problem, of course, is that it will be raised behind you pretty often.
Old 05-30-2005, 04:44 AM

I think I'm missing something fundamental: Why call two cold PF when you're getting only getting 4:1 (isn't the chance of flopping a set around twice that?), are stuck between two PF raisers after this round, and will be worried about just about every other card in the deck by the river?
Old 05-30-2005, 06:13 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I think I'm missing something fundamental: Why call two cold PF when you're getting only getting 4:1 (isn't the chance of flopping a set around twice that?), are stuck between two PF raisers after this round, and will be worried about just about every other card in the deck by the river?

[/ QUOTE ]
I'm in BB so they're not cold. I get 4.5:1 immediately on the call. The chances of the players already invested in the pot will come along is big, which would give 6.5:1. Yhe odds against spiking a set is 1:7.5, but the implied oods in this situation is terrific. In general I've used the rule I need to get 5:1 to call 2 bets with a PP preflop, but even that seems to be a little too tight. This is an easy call howerver.