[ QUOTE ]
Check
Check
Check

Check
Check
Check

[/ QUOTE ]

Agaisnt loose passive opponents, keeping the pot small allows me to exploit postflop mistakes better. They haven't made much of a preflop mistake against me, and they aren't going to be making another one by calling my raise unless they have a specific hand that's dominated by me. I check all these, and bet any flop when checked to.
Old 10-04-2005, 01:36 AM

Default Re: 6 6max pf scenarios

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Check
Check
Check

Check
Check
Check

[/ QUOTE ]

Agaisnt loose passive opponents, keeping the pot small allows me to exploit postflop mistakes better. They haven't made much of a preflop mistake against me, and they aren't going to be making another one by calling my raise unless they have a specific hand that's dominated by me. I check all these, and bet any flop when checked to.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ditto unless it's truly heads up, like on Absolute where SB=button when its just 2 players, but the other way around when there are 3 or more.
Old 10-04-2005, 08:25 AM

1) This player is super-loose, but won't raise good hands, so...
a) raise
b) check
c) check

2) This player is also too loose, but will raise anything worth playing in the SB, so...
a) raise
b) raise
c) raise or check

I suck post-flop, so I'm not sure how to take the aggression in to consideration. I'm probably way off here...
Old 10-04-2005, 08:31 AM

1. Raise
Raise
check

2. Raise
Raise
Raise

*EDIT: Only reason I don't raise Q4 against the looser player is because of rake and the probability of him folding less often. We're a favorite against random hands with all 3 of these hands, the players are probably crappy postflop, and they play too loose preflop. I push. The possibility of them folding makes this +EV, moreso with the "tighter" slightly more aggressive postflop player.
Old 10-04-2005, 08:53 AM

check 'em all. there isn't much dif between the 2 preflop,

player 1: i'd rather have the passive bet into me so i can fold if i have nothing than invest mucho dinero on such weak hands. and if i pair, he'll call me down with second best anyways, so i don't sacrifice a lot by not raising preflop.

player 2: i'd rather not invest extra money now and have a more aggressive player bluff me off hands or make me pay a lot for these hands. these type players tend to make you invest a ton, so exploiting such a slim margin (if any) is pointless. waste 'em postflop when they c/r or bluff with nothing and you hold flopped trips or something.
Old 10-04-2005, 09:05 AM

I'm not raising solely on the basis of being a "favorite". By being the aggressor we gain fold equity here as well on paint boards. Hmm, maybe thinking this way it's better to raise the passive guy more and the aggressive guy less...
Old 10-04-2005, 09:22 AM

i don't think you gain that much fold equity against either player just because you raise preflop. a passive will check/fold if they miss or call down with a draw, so bluffing doesn't work usually. and an aggressive player will c/r you on a bluff as well as 2nd pair.

besides you're looking to gain an extra SB for your troubles on such marginal hands, it is rarely (if ever) worth the investment. so with these hands, you stand to lose a lot if you miss and win a little when you hit.
Old 10-04-2005, 09:38 AM

The Q-rag hands are definitely checks.

The QT hands are close. I probably raise most of the time for value, but checking is a very reasonable alternative. If I'm going to be at this table for a while, I definitely raise to discourage SB from open-converting against me in the future.
Old 10-04-2005, 09:40 AM

Alright, MAYBE I see your point with the Q6 and Q4 against the aggressive player. We aren't gaining fold equity here. But not raising QT here is just plain bad, period. We pair this board and we more than likely win, along with possible draws to nut-straights and we could win with just Q-high. If we can't raise with close to a 60-40 edge what can we raise with?

I mean, it sounds like you'd advocate folding these hands if the LAG had raised us from the SB. I don't think I could do that.
Old 10-04-2005, 09:47 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I check all these, and bet any flop when checked to.

[/ QUOTE ]

Including, say, an AK3 flop?