Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-05-2005, 02:18 AM

Default Re: Fold a 1-card bottom boat?

Honestly, I don't know what he has, he made a bet on the flop, which could be a 10, or a K, or another pair, or QJ, or even just an overbet to take down the pot. I would have reraised him right there, he bet 1/3 of his chips, if he is not willing to let go of the others, you still get a good pot, and most likely, he will anyways. Turn is a scare card, I would have led out there, might have gotten him to fold a 10, which would have split a pot with you, because I think you would call here anyways to any bet he makes, so might as well take the lead and perhaps get him to fold a chopped pot.

Basically, if you would fold to a turn push here, go ahead and bet and give him a chance to fold a potential split pot, or if you are scared the 2nd K beats you, then you check fold.

If I was in your shoes where you were at the end, I'd call it probably, too many other possibilities are out there to put him on one of the kings, he could just be a bad better and bluffing at this pot!
Old 10-05-2005, 02:30 AM

I put him on an ace betting his kicker and called. He had AJ. EDIT: I took my whole time bank to do it, though.
Old 10-05-2005, 03:21 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I put him on an ace betting his kicker and called. He had AJ. EDIT: I took my whole time bank to do it, though.

[/ QUOTE ]

*cough* be a bit more honest about this one [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] holla.
Old 10-05-2005, 03:25 AM

[ QUOTE ]
holla.

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]
Old 10-05-2005, 03:28 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

*cough* be a bit more honest about this one [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] holla.

[/ QUOTE ]

Didn't know if you wanted to be mentioned. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

I had Adanthar in AIM at the time, and I was torn. He tipped the balance.
Old 10-05-2005, 03:37 AM

BTW, I still think you have to continuation bet the flop...maybe not 2/3 or anything but just bet it and let a king call/raise, because your check/call made your ten really obvious and set his turn play up. As it stands, without the king pairing the board there is no way he calls a river bet, which kinda sucks. Let him try to take it away from you on the turn after he calls the flop, the shania flows better that way. holla.