Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-03-2005, 02:13 PM

Default Re: But Gabe, you only have the third nuts...

yeah this hand is very standard actually, i don't know why i felt the need to post it. I actually did win thh hand, the BB had k4. As funny as this sounds, i don't think i have been in a hand where the turn and river were capped in more than 2 months, which spans more than 50,000 hands. Maybe i need better table selection [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]
Old 10-03-2005, 08:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i don't think i have been in a hand where the turn and river were capped in more than 2 months, which spans more than 50,000 hands. Maybe i need better table selection

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah, you might could. i just saw a guy cap a jack high flush turn and river on a board of T228T. his opponent check raised the river with quad tens.
Old 10-03-2005, 03:01 PM

I might have just called the river 3-bet, depending on just how much the BB overplays his hands. If he seems somewhat new to the game I definately cap the river, if he seems experienced but overaggro I would just call (44).
Old 10-03-2005, 03:06 PM

im gonna sound like a fish...but does anyone cap the flop?

edit: nevermind.
Old 10-03-2005, 03:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
im gonna sound like a fish...but does anyone cap the flop

[/ QUOTE ]

It's not that i think it's horrible to do so, but a LOT of the time he is already going to have a flush here. When has a smaller set or two pair and i boat, he is also probably going to put in more bets and put me on some AsKx type hand raising for a free showdown. The range of hands that he should be bet/3 betting the flop with is pretty small, so i'd like to lose less when i am behind and make him think i am weaker than i am when i boat.

Obviously this sounds resluts oriented, but he didn't believe that i could have him beat since i would have "had to" cap a set on the flop.
Old 10-03-2005, 03:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
im gonna sound like a fish...but does anyone cap the flop

[/ QUOTE ]

It's not that i think it's horrible to do so, but a LOT of the time he is already going to have a flush here. When has a smaller set or two pair and i boat, he is also probably going to put in more bets and put me on some AsKx type hand raising for a free showdown. The range of hands that he should be bet/3 betting the flop with is pretty small, so i'd like to lose less when i am behind and make him think i am weaker than i am when i boat.

Obviously this sounds resluts oriented, but he didn't believe that i could have him beat since i would have "had to" cap a set on the flop.

[/ QUOTE ]
I agree with not capping the flop, but for different reasons. Sure, there will be times when your opponent flopped a flush. However, I think there are many more times when your opponent will be pushing a pair with a big flush draw. Once you are left heads up on the flop with you having position on him, I would prefer to wait for a non-spade turn to pop him again. You're giving up a little bit of equity right now for much more equity later. Note that I would only do it in this situation, i.e. heads up and with position. Had you been out of position or had there been other players in there, I think the right play would have been to cap. Of course, if the turn is a spade, you go into calldown mode and pray that the board pairs.
Old 10-03-2005, 08:15 PM

i don't get it either.. put the max in, boring hand