Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-19-2005, 09:24 PM

Default Re: Bad Dating Etiquette

Major lack of courtesy, is it possible she's just oblivious?
It is definately disrespectful.

What would you do in this situation, cut bait?
When she receives the call I would make ZERO effort to hide my irritation. I probably wouldn't say anything the first time it happened. If she is half way observent, she will get the message.

What do you do as you are preparing for the 2nd date?
Tell her straight up to get some manners?
Too confrontational for this matter especially since you have barely dated.
If it happens again, ask if she would like some 'privacy' then regardless of what she says go to the men's room or take a walk around the restaurant. After eating, take her STRAIGHT HOME. Do not pass go! Tell her you're tired and apologize and try to go out with your buddies. Don't talk to her on the way home unless she talks to you. Keep your answers to "yes", "no", and "I'm not sure". Make that car ride to her house as silent as possible. I would not ask her out for another date if she does it again. If she calls the next day (this means she is concerned) to ask what the problem is, tell her you think her talking on the cell phone is a sign of disrespect and you don't like being disrespected so you don't think WE should date. Say it in a "nice" but firm way. Don't get into an argument whether it is rude or not. If she tries to argue, tell her she is a very "nice girl" and that she is "very pretty" and that your sure there are lots of guys that will put up with her (ie we are finished and I'm giving you the brush off). I love using chick lines back at chicks. If a girl had ever given you "you're a nice guy" brush off this is your chance to feed it back to them and the effects are powerful. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Consider this, most first dates I go on the girl is afraid that she might do something wrong that might offend me. They don't eat much and they are extra polite to me. This girl seems to already be taking you for granted. It is a man's world and if you have a pair of balls it is amazing what women will do for you. Let her go if she keeps this up.

I knew a guy that took a girl out for a first date and all she did was complained. So he told he he was taking her home (10pm). He was hungry so he stopped at a Denny's because he was hungry (ignoring her complaints). He got a newspaper and TOTALLY IGNORED HER while he ate and read the paper. He was holding the newspaper up so he didn't have to look at her. After the meal he took her home and left immediately. She was calling him the next day to apologize and hinting that she would be more fun on the next date. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] He did not call her for a second date.
Old 11-19-2005, 09:30 PM

kick her in the cockpit the next time she does it.
Old 11-19-2005, 10:17 PM

I wouldn't take this too seriously. A lot of people, especially younger people, don't find it rude to answer a cell phone in the middle of a conversation. Maybe you did something unintentionally she found insulting or annoying. If everything else went well, I would see her again. It's a different story if she constantly does stuff like this, interrupt you at parties, and generally embarrass or disrespect you.
Old 11-19-2005, 10:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I generally don't even let people bring cell phones into my house. I hate them!

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm getting to the point where I'm anti-cell phone. People just don't how to act when they have one. It's like they become 5 years old or something.

Last week while out doing some field work, we had a meeting with all the field people and the executives we were doing this field work for. This was a meeting of pretty big wigs for a major gas company. During the meeting, this [censored] chick that I work with was sitting next to me text messaging her boyfriend. Later at dinner with all 6 of us sitting at a table, instead of excusing herself, she procedes to have a 10 minute conversation on the phone with her boyfriend and is loud as hell in the process.

You should have to pass a test before you're allowed a cell phone.
Old 11-19-2005, 11:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Major lack of courtesy, is it possible she's just oblivious?
It is definately disrespectful.

What would you do in this situation, cut bait?
When she receives the call I would make ZERO effort to hide my irritation. I probably wouldn't say anything the first time it happened. If she is half way observent, she will get the message.

[/ QUOTE ]

And everything else he said.

Do you want a long term serious relationship with this girl? If the answer is yes, then this behaviour has to stop right now. If you ask me, you already blew it when you didn't do something when it first happened. From your lack of response she already knows that she owns you, in which case you've already lost. Heck, she probably did it to test you to see what you would do and failed.

And yeah, you're probably saying "Oh, she wouldn't do that to me." Wrong, they do it all the time. You were way too nice and it's going to take a miracle to turn it around now. Stop trying to be nice and please her...open your eyes.
Old 11-20-2005, 06:52 AM

[ QUOTE ]
You bored her. I would try to become more interesting. Definitely not due to being oblivious, girls do everything for a well thought out reason.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ya know, I dont think that they do!
Old 11-20-2005, 06:58 AM

If you're asking about this it obviously got to you (and it would to me too). This girl may not think about it that way, it may be 'no big deal' to her, and its not a 'big deal', but to you (& me) its disrepespectful, and if you were to get into an ltr with this girl it would be more of the same day in day out, so cut her loose.

Analogy - its like a tidy roommate & a messy roommate, there's nothing fundamentally wrong with either lifestyle, but they're not compatible.