Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-12-2005, 01:33 AM

Default Re: How many streets did I misplay?

[ QUOTE ]
In retrospect, I think calling and folding the river UI would have been better...

[/ QUOTE ]

What cards are you looking for on the river? If you're feeling the flush on the turn, do you really want another spade? Are you looking for a 10 just to have a hand that is call worthy on the river?
Old 07-12-2005, 09:30 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
In retrospect, I think calling and folding the river UI would have been better...

[/ QUOTE ]

What cards are you looking for on the river? If you're feeling the flush on the turn, do you really want another spade? Are you looking for a 10 just to have a hand that is call worthy on the river?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I'm pretty confused about BB. I'm not sure what he'd call preflop from the blind with given his low VPIP. Two pair on this board seems unlikely unless it's 45s. A slowplayed set is possible, but then I have flush outs. A flush is possible, but given that 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], and K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] are out, any flush is likely to be bigger than mine since there aren't really any small suited connectors left.

Given that it's HU once Button folds, I'd call the river given pretty much any improved hand. I don't think I'd feel very good about any card though -- the interesting part about the turn decision is that I have lots of potential outs, but they all have to be severely discounted.

In a multi-way pot I'm more inclined towards a fold since I don't want to be giving reverse implied odds in case I improve my hand and still spew a lot of chips with a 3rd-best hand if there's a lot of raising, but HU I think I tossed this too quickly.
Old 07-12-2005, 10:24 AM

[ QUOTE ]
In a multi-way pot I'm more inclined towards a fold since I don't want to be giving reverse implied odds in case I improve my hand and still spew a lot of chips with a 3rd-best hand if there's a lot of raising, but HU I think I tossed this too quickly.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok, the hand (and your play) makes better sense, now. I guess it always had BB C/R'ing, I just mis-read it last night.

I think it's close between calling down and folding. If your only reason for folding is a 70-hand read on BB that he's a rock, I think you've gotta call down. He might've been multi-tabling/cold-decked for the last hour, or something, I'm not willing to give that much credit to it without some additional evidence.
Old 07-12-2005, 06:26 AM

If you raise pre-flop against poor players.
You should then often bet out on the flop when first to act against 3 players. I think in many weaker games, you get enough bad folds as well as bad calls to make it worth it.
If you get raised on the flop think about folding unless u have the odds to draw.
Old 07-12-2005, 09:32 AM

where did the button go?
Old 07-12-2005, 09:52 AM

I'd have folded the turn too. Rocks don't checkraise w/ tpmk w/ a flush draw on the board. I don't think any of your outs can be counted on. The flush draw could be already beaten, the two pair hand could easily be no good (another possible hand for BB is a set).
Old 07-12-2005, 01:54 PM

I'm very surprised that noone else has commented on the flop call. I think this is a fairly obvious fold. I detailed my reasons in a previous post. Am I missing something here?
Old 07-12-2005, 02:04 PM

I think the consensus is that while the flop call is thin, based on top's reads it's not ridiculous, and it's also not the interesting part of the hand. I agree with this. In fact, thinking back on it, I'm a tad surprised that he didn't semi-bluff check-raise to try and force out the rock.

Edit: uh, ok, he acted after the rock. Never mind.
Old 07-12-2005, 02:07 PM

But with the agressive button to act next, he could have bet the flop and forced the SB and BB(rock) to face 2 cold.

Seems if we could get to the turn heads up against the button we'd like this hand a lot more.
Old 07-12-2005, 02:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
But with the agressive button to act next, he could have bet the flop and forced the SB and BB(rock) to face 2 cold.

Seems if we could get to the turn heads up against the button we'd like this hand a lot more.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is possible. I'm not sure that OP's reads were strong enough one way or the other to make that kinds of play, however.