Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-06-2004, 04:11 PM

Default Re: why do I get kicked off waiting lists on party?

I don't think that is my problem. Getting kicked off waiting lists may just be another mystery of party poker. Oh well.
Old 10-06-2004, 05:02 PM

Happens to me constantly. Party's software is just buggy as heck. I'm always getting kicked off waiting lists. The real pain about it is sometimes you've been waiting for a while for a great table and are first on the list, then get booted off and now you wind up 8th in line if you want to try again.

Or like when I join a table and sit down and the window pops up asking me if I want to post or wait for the BB. Check that you want to wait for the BB to post, and sometimes it works and you get a little checked box in the middle of the bottom section of the window. But usually you don't get the box or you lose it, and have to click on multiple rounds that you don't want to post the BB. Often the game puts you as "OUT" and you have to click the "I AM BACK" button just to start the whole stupid process all over again. Pretty aggravating, because if that happens right when you're in the big blind...you have to start the whole damn cycle all over again. Really buggy as hell.

And tables that have been full for several minutes will still have the lobby showing them as having two spots open.

Party is just very buggy.
Old 10-06-2004, 06:54 PM

What is the scenario in which this happens?

'cause I've never been kicked off a waiting list.

Hving said that, I should clarify the way in which I get on the waiting list. I never click the 'join waiting list' in the lobby window. I clic the "join table' button in the lobby. That opens the table. Then I click the "join waiting" list from there. i.e. (not e.g. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]) I'm always watching the table that I'm trying to join.

SamJack
Old 10-08-2004, 01:25 PM

I get on wait lists exactly the same way you do. However I am occasionally kicked of the waiting list just the same. A few times I am on the wait list, watching the table and with no action on my part that table stauts will change showing the yellow "Join Wait List" label below table graphic. I then have to click it and start over, dropping to the bottom of the wait list. Very buggy.
Old 10-08-2004, 01:49 PM

Default While we\'re on the subject of bugs (an open letter to party)

Heres a list of all the bugs and general annoyances I experience at party on a regular basis (some have already been noted in the thread).

1. Getting kicked off of waiting lists for no reason - I believe that party / empire resets the waiting lists ocassionally, since I notice that when I get kicked off of one, and i'm usually off others.

2. Getting kicked off of waiting lists for accidentally clicking "First Available" - yes, there are two ways to get kicked off of waiting lists

3. Unchecked Muck Losing / Uncalled Hands box - If you accidentally uncheck this box on one box, it could result in the boxes on every table becoming unchecked. I believe this happens when the box is unchecked during one hand and that hand has finished and a new hand has begun, and the box is still unchecked. To rectify the situation, you have to recheck the box on every single table that you're playing on before the next hand is started on any table.

4. Being called to a table thru waiting list, and seeing that the seat that should be open is "reserved"

5. "Deal me out" box automatically filled...I'm dealt out of a hand on purpose, I wanna be dealt the next hand, I press the "I am back" button or uncheck the "deal me out" box, and everything's looking up. Then, right before the next hand is dealt, I'm back to being dealt out.

Come to think of it, most of the problems revolve around the waiting lists. In fact, the biggest problem regarding party waiting lists is not a bug at all, but apparently created by design. Why in the ever loving name of an albanian goat-herder named Fred can one NOT wait list at a table that isn't full? Sure, I understand that if a table isnt full, theoretically you can just sit there. But as we all know, tables are not considered full when a seat is currently being reserved, with a hefty list of waiting persons in reserve. This, by the way, ties in quite erksomely with bug / general annoyance #2.
Old 03-05-2005, 12:26 AM

is this a problem on all party skins? Someone told me they NEVER get kicked off on empire. What the hell? I called PP about this and they told me they have never received any complaints about this

Are there some who NEVER get kicked off? Is this computer specific? It's very annoying
Old 03-05-2005, 12:48 AM

Default Re: While we\'re on the subject of bugs (an open letter to party)

[ QUOTE ]
4. Being called to a table thru waiting list, and seeing that the seat that should be open is "reserved"

5. "Deal me out" box automatically filled...I'm dealt out of a hand on purpose, I wanna be dealt the next hand, I press the "I am back" button or uncheck the "deal me out" box, and everything's looking up. Then, right before the next hand is dealt, I'm back to being dealt out.

[/ QUOTE ]

I get #4 a LOT. I rarely get kicked off waiting lists but often find my seat reserved when I go to a table. This tends to happen when I'm waiting for first available, and then do it again for the same type of table. If I then take myself off the waiting list at one of the other tables and go back to the reserved table, the seat is usually open.

I get #5 also when I'm trying to get seated at all my tables. I'll be waiting for the BB to start up and then open another table and BOOM--I'm being dealt out of every other table.
Old 03-05-2005, 01:25 AM

Yeah the games are great but the software is crap.
Old 03-07-2005, 01:22 PM

#5 happened twice yesterday. Apparently still haven't got a software fix, although I have not experienced #1 through 4 in quite awhile
Old 03-07-2005, 01:31 PM

I believe that if you sit down at a new table, you automatically get kicked off of any waiting list that you are on. To make matters worse, if a table has more than one open seat (and sometimes if it has just one open seat and a short waiting list) you can often get on directly, even if there's a waiting list for that table. I will confess to doing this frequently. I would prefer it if the waiting lists worked properly, but because they don't, I see no reason not to take advantage of their bad software design.

Another annoying "feature": If you are waiting for the big blind at one table, and sit down at another table, you will be changed to "sitting out" at the first table. I think a lot of the problem is that Party's software seems not to have taken multi-tabling into consideration. It assumes that if you found a table to play, you don't need to be on any waiting lists any more.