Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-02-2005, 11:49 PM

Default Re: Play against PokerBob

[ QUOTE ]
Its impossible to win a lot with this board out of position, so the goal is to minimize losses.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is something I've never given a lot of thought to previously. It sure seems to hold true for this hand.

If you're ahead, Bob is not going to pay you off if you get aggressive although he might thrown in another bet or two with KK if you just check/call. If you are behind, you might as well get to the river as cheap as possible since your hand is too good to fold.
Old 07-03-2005, 12:03 PM

Default What you did......

This is a hand I just played at Canterbury Park 15/30. You are villain. You are a good TAG, PokerBob views you as such. He has seen you raise 98s in EP. You play well postflop. PokerBob respects your play.

PokerBob posts a BigBlind +SB in the CO after taking a piss and missing his blind. UTG limps (total fish...VPIP 50-60, but plays decent postflop...and he's running good), 2 folds, you look down at A [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]K [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] and raise, 1 fold, PokerBob thinks and 3-bets, everyone folds (even UTG), you 4-bet, PBob calls (5 bets at CP is a cap...PBob did not cap).

Flop (HU) (10.67SB) A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]J [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]4 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

You bet, PokerBob raises, you called.

Turn: 7 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

you check, PBob bets, you raise, PBob 3-bets, you 4-bet, PBob throws up and says "nice hand" and calls.

River: 2 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

You check, PBob checks (I think that is how it went. Maybe it was bet call, but PBob gave up.) What did PBob have?
Old 07-03-2005, 12:05 PM

Default Re: What you did......

[ QUOTE ]
What did PBob have?

[/ QUOTE ]
AK
Old 07-03-2005, 01:16 PM

Default Re: What you did......

JJ - the AK WAY overplayed his hand.

edit: or 44
Old 07-03-2005, 02:17 PM

I just read the title and wanted to provide my read. When playing against Pokerbob, he runs so bad that any two will do in nearly every situation. Sucka. [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]
Old 07-03-2005, 02:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I just read the title and wanted to provide my read. When playing against Pokerbob, he runs so bad that any two will do in nearly every situation. Sucka. [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Not in live 15 games. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 07-03-2005, 03:21 PM

Id go AK for Bob as well. Although i don t know how bob plays, but if he had a set, the typical player wont let u know it till the turn.

Unless bob knows that i know this and will play it fast to throw me off of his hand. Though i dont know if throwing someone off in this situation is that much more +EV since the flop raise will turn alot of players onto C/C mode anyways.

out
Old 07-04-2005, 12:06 AM

Default RESULTS AND THOUGHTS

I had AJo. Normally against this opponent I would fold this hand, but there were 2 factors that affected my decision. The first, and biggest, was that there were 1.67SB of my posted money in the pot. The other was that Mr. Fishy limped. Villain easily could have been raising light here, and I wanted him HU with a hand that I felt could have been better than his. I clearly was wrong, but IMO the move was correct. After the flop, I immediately hated myself for raising the flop and wished I had waited until the turn. Little did I know that this guy would play his hand so poorly. When he 4-bet the turn, I gave him JJ or AA or MAYBE AJ as well, but I doubt he 4-bets pf with AJ. When he showed down he said "I just have AK." I said, "You're kdding", and genuinely was in utter shock. He told me he didn't think I'd 3-bet pf with AJ. Normally I wouldn't, but there were other factors that he missed.
Old 07-06-2005, 10:09 AM

[ QUOTE ]
You are villain. You are a good TAG, PokerBob views you as such. He has seen you raise 98s in EP. You play well postflop. PokerBob respects your play.

[/ QUOTE ]

Did anybody else get the Hubie Brown voice in their head when reading this?

I'd check/call the rest of the way FWIW.
Old 07-06-2005, 10:11 PM

I might be wrong but even against a good player (maybe even more so against a good player rather than bad) I'd 3 bet this flop, and call if he 4 bets. But if Bob just calls I'll lead the turn, and call a raise. But if only called on the turn I'll lead the river. But hey I consider that standard. But something that does effect me is the fact that PBob posted.

JT [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]