Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Books and Publications
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-08-2005, 12:27 PM

Default Re: King Yao\'s book on backorder for 1 month :(

[ QUOTE ]
I had the same problem as you, but I sucked it up and paid the extra shipping by ordering it direct from the publisher (bj21.com). I ordered it one Saturday online and it got here the next Wednesday.

[/ QUOTE ]

I had it on order at Amazon from May 15th and on May 30th I cancelled the order and ordered it from bj21.com. It came in 2 days.
Old 06-08-2005, 01:15 PM

The delay is really too bad for the author and publisher. I ordered the book myself on Amazon last month, and ended up canceling the order after a couple of weeks because the delay was holding up my other shipments. I'll get the book at some point in the future, but am in no rush.
Old 06-08-2005, 03:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Yep... its been 3 weeks since I ordered it from Amazon. They decided to send me Sklansky on Poker and Concepts in Lowball (looking forward to that one since I've been playing so much Triple Draw 2-7 lately) by breaking up the order since the delay is going to be so great.

Hmm... depressing.

TT [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

I got mine weeks ago and I have only read a couple of chapters.

hahahahahahahahaha.

[img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 06-08-2005, 04:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Yep... its been 3 weeks since I ordered it from Amazon. They decided to send me Sklansky on Poker and Concepts in Lowball (looking forward to that one since I've been playing so much Triple Draw 2-7 lately) by breaking up the order since the delay is going to be so great.

Hmm... depressing.

[/ QUOTE ]

One day later... and the seperate order shipped! Odd timing eh? Perhaps Standford Wong read this thread?

Old 06-08-2005, 04:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Hmm... depressing.

[/ QUOTE ]

I got mine weeks ago and I have only read a couple of chapters.

hahahahahahahahaha.

[img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Rub it in.... its ok cause you got the Pooooooooowwwwweeeeerrrr!

Old 06-08-2005, 04:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm sorry to hear that, I wish there was something I could do. My publisher recently sent out a bunch of books to the wholesalers. Hopefully it won't take much longer for them to get it out to the retailers.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not currently waiting for a copy of this - but checked out of curiosity with my wholesaler and he still shows it as on order from publisher.

To the OP: a month is not such a long time for a backorder. In fact, many of the wholesale warehouses only order once a month from smaller publishers; the retailers prefer to have a bundle of special orders come in together rather than trickle in one at a time with extra shipping on each; a lot of books are shipped surface and not air to save money (both publisher to wholesaler and wholesaler to retailer). Come to think of it, a month is about the shortest backorder I've had, two is more typical.
Old 06-08-2005, 05:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Hmm... depressing.

[/ QUOTE ]

One day later... and the seperate order shipped! Odd timing eh? Perhaps Standford Wong read this thread?

[/ QUOTE ]

They need to get better organized. In my case they waited 3 weeks for a 5-book order, one of which was Weighing the Odds, and sent only WTO, which kind of astounded me as I'd have thought it would be last if it came separately. Then exactly 1 day later they sent the 4 others.

Albert
Old 06-09-2005, 12:42 AM

I ordered mine from amazon on May 19th and I added a couple DVDs for the free shipping.

None of those items have been shipped yet. The delivery estimate is June 8 - June 11.

It better show up soon or I'll have to cancel & order from someone else. I've been in a big slump for the past 4-5 weeks, playing very little, even though I've had plenty of time. I think some new material will be plenty of motivation. It better be good! [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 06-09-2005, 07:38 AM

Default What?

If I have to wait for a month for this book, I'm hunting you down...
Old 06-09-2005, 04:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Hmm... depressing.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not sure if you can cancel that part of your order or not, but I just returned form The Gamblers Book Club today (06/09) and they had about 8 or so copies of King Yao's book still available.

Check out www.gamblersbook.com