Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-25-2005, 01:58 PM

Default Re: Two missed AK hands against LAGs

He's probably just betting that because you bet really heavily pre-flop, you missed such a lousy flop. But then you go all-in and he might think that you have flopped trips with a pocket pair.

He's loose, he might be willing to gamble that way when you check it to him, but not when you show incredible strength by going all-in on him.
Old 03-25-2005, 02:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
He's probably just betting that because you bet really heavily pre-flop, you missed such a lousy flop. But then you go all-in and he might think that you have flopped trips with a pocket pair.

He's loose, he might be willing to gamble that way when you check it to him, but not when you show incredible strength by going all-in on him.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well I was trying to represent an overpair. Until this hand I had been very, very tight in 2 hours of play, only showing down very strong hands and only raising premium starting hands from any position.

The idea here was to bluff, for the first time at this table, at a worthwhile pot and in convincing fashion.
Old 03-25-2005, 02:10 PM

"Cause I wont get paid very well if I hit. I have to get paid preflop. He'll fold to a heavy broadway board."

But you're only going to hit 1-3 times, no? And if you hit, he might shut down anyways... Personally, I'd say you're better off waiting for a decent pp if you're going to overbet.

I'd rathar play more smaller pots against him with a potential to make monsters then to overbet preflop with a hand I have to drop if I miss with any significant playback.

Unless I have a real monster... I prefer to limp to the maniac, let them make their standard raises, to keep my hand disguised. Or, check to the maniac, let him raise... then checkraise him a few times.
Old 03-25-2005, 02:15 PM

[quoteBut you're only going to hit 1-3 times, no? And if you hit, he might shut down anyways... Personally, I'd say you're better off waiting for a decent pp if you're going to overbet.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sure, 67% of the time I miss...but hes not going to hit hard enough to play me with confidence at least 50% of the time.
Old 03-25-2005, 02:31 PM

The thing about LAG/Maniacs... they don't have to hit hard... or at all. Their only strength is their nonsensical fearlessness.