Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-01-2005, 10:15 PM

Default Re: TRUE POKER STILL SUCKS......

1 thing you have to admit is the graphics are the best on the net.

i gotta tell you. i upgraded my version of true today after a long time.

WOW, i am very, very impressed. i think the site looks awesome and i'm gonna give it some play this week. i made some great money there at the beginning and it is time to go raid the fishies again. TP is a trout pond and any 2+2er, meaning people who apply themselves at poker, will kick serious BUTT there.
Old 05-01-2005, 10:24 PM

Try www.browntroutpoker.com if you need directions to our trout pond.

Truepoker CEO
Old 05-01-2005, 10:38 PM

this domain name fetish of yours is probably treatable with proper medication (e.g. thorazine). actually, this is sort of like a drug habit, no?

Old 05-02-2005, 12:16 AM

Default Re: Don\'t be shy, tell me how you really feel .......

Hi Dave, I have no problem telling how many are in a hand as they have cards in front of them. I do wish we would have a regular showdown instead of an All In where the cards and chips go flying in less than a second. Also the slider isn't great in a NL tournament. A better slider and a box where you can type in your bet might be in order.
Having said this you bonus is a very liberal one unlike UB and your graphics kick ass-they are the best. It is still my favorite site. I am actually playing right now at a 1/2 table-but I don't use this name at your site. Great site Dave-thx
Like I stated before take reviews of sites on the net with a grain of salt as most have a vested interest on who they promote via the affiliations.
Old 05-02-2005, 01:03 AM

I've been working on the bonus as well, and can see some improvement in the site. Some things that still bother me are;

as mentioned here, how small the icons on the far side of the table, it can be difficult to determine who is still in the hand.

the blind/buy in structure at NL. What's with blinds of 1 and 1 and a buy in of $25? It can't be that hard to mint some 0.25 and 0.50 chips in photoshop. It makes the play too compressed.

I'm always taken to a table that I'm on the waiting list for without being asked. It would be nice to have the option to refuse if I don't want to go there now. Also, sometimes instead of taking me to a waiting table, a duplicate lobby opens up and screws things up until I close it. Not always, maybe 10% of the time, it's some kind of bug.

Frankly, I'm not a big fan of the whole animated avatar thing, but see where it might turn some folks on. An option for me to opt out of them would be nice.

Oh, yes, and PLEASE put a four color deck in the works. at 1200x1600 the cards can be hard to read when you are accustomed to seeing four tables of four colors.

Glad to see the site at least making some efforts, and hope the improvements keep coming. I'm always looking for more rooms to play.

Shauna
Old 05-02-2005, 07:04 AM

Maybe you could make the cards in the other end bigger - my other thought was flash the people still active - but it seems you have tried that without luck.
What about the other problems I mentioned - have you given them some thoughts?
And one more thing - when you need to rebuy after you have bin busted, you can use the slider to set the amount you like to rebuy. Why cant you slide it to 25$ on the 25$ NL HE tables? It stops at either 24 or 26 - no odd amount - and shouldnt it be supposed to stop at 25 on a MAX 25 table?
It cant be so difficult to fix....
Old 05-02-2005, 09:51 AM

Default great site to play

ive been playing there for four years this month [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] I love true poker, but please get a FOUR COLOR deck!!! Other than that, I will keep playing at TP as long as they are around, and that should be a while.
Old 05-02-2005, 10:13 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Frankly, I'm not a big fan of the whole animated avatar thing, but see where it might turn some folks on. An option for me to opt out of them would be nice.

[/ QUOTE ]

I have yet to play at true and possibly won't until the option to turn off the avatars is implemented.
I just don't like avatars unless they are of the small-photo type like pokerstars in which case I'm okay with them.

Party and pokerroom I always have the avatars off.
UB I'm always in mini-view mode.

True just looks too annoying (I think I've seen a pic of the table in cardplayer or somewhere) and when I learned that the avatars are actually animated I thought, "Well...there's a site I'm definitely not interested to play at."

The fact that I'm actually 'kind of' interested based on the bonuses, the talk of the the fish that are there, and the professionalism of Dave on this forum is impressive considering how much I really DON'T want to play with avatars (much less animation).

Regarding the ability to see the players still active at the other end.
Instead of flashing (which obviously isn't a great idea) you could have an option for a red-dot on their cards (easier to see) or a halo over their heads or anything. It shouldn't be too hard to come up with something.
Old 05-02-2005, 11:22 AM

Default Re: great site to play

The 4 color deck request has been made several times.

Not a biggie to mod the SW, yet they refuse to listen to this very reasonable request
Old 05-02-2005, 11:36 AM

As someone who plays at TP fairly frequently, I'd say that these are the biggest issues with the site:

1) The All-in *really* needs to be fixed. All that needs to happen is that when players are all-in, the cards should be dealt to the board at a *much* slower rate so that the players can follow what's going on. It's annoying to have to look at the hand history to figure out how I could have possibly lost a hand where I was heavily favoured when I pushed in my stack. It really kills the realism to have the cards suddenly appear like that.

2) The fact that you need to lower your cards first to see how much money you have left. This is especially annoying at PL and NL games.

3) When you are UTG, the FOLD/BET/RAISE buttons appear before you are dealt your cards. They shouldn't be visible until you receive your cards.

4) The Fold/Check/Raise buttons appear in the same locations as the "autoplay" checkboxes. There have been a couple of instances where play hadn't reached me and I went to check one of the autoplay checkboxes, only to accidently check one of the Fold/Check/Raise buttons that appeared when play suddenly made it around to me. The checkboxes and buttons need to be separated from each other instead of overlapping.

5) I've had a couple of instances where I was signed up for a MTT or a SNG, the tournament starts, and I'm not sent to the table. However, the application seems to "think" that I'm at the table, so I'm not able to join the table by double clicking on it. The only solution I've found is to stop and restart the application altogether. The problem with doing this, is if I'm multitabling when the MTT/SNG bug occurs and I'm at a particularly juicy PL O/8 game (for instance), I'm not allowed to leave the table and come back, so when I restart the application, I can't go back to any non-limit games that I was seated at. This bug occurs about 5-10% of the time.