Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Home Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-28-2005, 09:39 AM

Default Re: Slow rollers anonymous

Here you go:

After you call the final bet, get up from the table and ask, "I'm going to the fridge, who needs another box of juice?"

Before flipping your cards, tell a story. "This one time, at band camp, I put a stack of chips in my...."
Old 07-28-2005, 11:27 AM

Default Re: Slow rolling advice needed

Throw the winning hand in the muck and let him rake all the chips. Two days later, give him a call and say " HA-HA! I HAD THE WINNING HAND!!!! " He will never see that slow roll coming. :-)
Old 07-28-2005, 12:45 PM

Default Re: Slow rollers anonymous

I honestly can't believe you'd expect serious answers to such a silly question. Anyone who will give you a great new way to slowroll (at this point I'd like to echo the beer bottle sentiment) is just a big tool.
If you really want new ways of perpetrating retard-ness I'm sure you could come up with ideas on your own.
Old 07-28-2005, 02:03 PM

My first flame post:

All you posters who commented on this thread saying how terrible slow rolling is and how you would inflict harm to anyone slowrolling you should STFU.

Clearly OP is in a fun game with friends who are more concerned with tilting each other than playing serious B&M ethical poker.

Does anyone remember before the poker boom when groups played poker for fun, drank, joked, and tried to tilt each other. If you dont have a good response for OP's question, just keep it to yourself.

BTW to OP i agree with bulldogg, my personal fav is 'two small pair, eights, and eights'

-Falker
Old 07-28-2005, 02:54 PM

yea or pull a rounders where you say i've got kings....but i've got 7's too...come on maurice, you are a player, you read me for the 7's.
Old 07-28-2005, 03:57 PM

POST:"I need suggestions: my wife is into bondage and is a masochist, what sort of grip could I use to hit her with that she would enjoy, but wouldn't cause bruising?"

REPLY:"You hit a woman at my house and you'll be choking on your own teeth."

REPLY:"As a woman if i ever dated a man who hit me he'd get my knee in his crotch, you [censored]."

REPLY:"I can't believe you'd even think of hitting a woman"

Feel free to add your own as you see fit. To everybody who responded with some manner of "u slowroll mothafucka i kill you," if you PM me, I'd be more than happy to give you a little refresher course on how to tie your shoes. You're probably better off with Velcro though.
Old 07-28-2005, 04:13 PM

Don't slowroll. How old are you?
Old 07-28-2005, 04:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Clearly OP is in a fun game with friends who are more concerned with tilting each other than playing serious B&M ethical poker.

[/ QUOTE ]

Exactly right, it is a cheesy drunken home game where a big pot is $10. About half of us, have agreed to slowroll the sh*t out of each other and do other nonsense like string bets and such, we only slowroll those who have agreed to it, and when it's at my place and my wife plays, I will slowroll her as well.
Old 07-28-2005, 04:35 PM

in my home games to spice it up (it needs it... we only play a $10 cash game) i like to turn over one of my cards during the hand (usually only if i'm pretty sure the other card has the hand won, and mostly if it's heads up). for some reason, people are more prone to calling when they know 1 of your cards isn't beating them. and, once they catch on this can be used for bluffing purposes. another thing i like to do is say my hand out loud preflop -- not show, just say. i will also give updates like if i catch a pair on the flop i'll yell "ooh top pair" and for some reason people don't believe me even after like the 5th time i show a hand that was exactly what i said it was, down to the suits. then, of course, this can be used for bluffing after a while, too.

all of this is contingent on the low, relaxed stakes and the fact that i destroy my home games so i don't really care if flipping a card or saying my hand is -EV. these are cousins of slow-rolling that can be a blast for the whole table -- even people not in the hand.
Old 07-28-2005, 04:39 PM

its jacks and 7s