Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-18-2005, 03:49 AM

Default Re: Horribly misplayed set of tens

Your flop play is fine. The board is a little coordinated, but it's fairly unlikely villain has a 9 and if he did he'd probably have pushed all-in. I don't mind calling the minraise at all because it gives villain a chance to bluff off the rest of his stack on the turn. But you have to call the turn push regardless of what card comes if you take that line.
Old 07-18-2005, 03:58 AM

and if he DOES have the damn 9, you just gotta say 'screw life', go tie up the ole noose, get up on the chair, and then untie yourself and climb back down because you just remembered you wanna go pound some more 11s.

rock!
J Chap
Old 07-18-2005, 04:02 AM

[ QUOTE ]
and if he DOES have the damn 9, you just gotta say 'screw life', go tie up the ole noose, get up on the chair, and then untie yourself and climb back down because you just remembered you wanna go pound some more 11s.

rock!
J Chap

[/ QUOTE ]

Will you write the foreward to my poker autobiography?

And you probably think I'm kidding, [img]/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img].

Yugoslav
Old 07-18-2005, 04:04 AM

I would flat call preflop, I like your raise to 400 on the flop, but I dont like the flat call, I would move allin right away, pot is big and your hand isnt bulletproof...be satisfied if you take it down.
Old 07-18-2005, 04:22 AM

I raise to t350 first in on the flop, and obvious push from there. Also, yeah, call the turn with your 10 outs.

Oh yeah, and what curtainz said, though in a PS at L1, I don't feel raising is horrible.
Old 07-18-2005, 04:24 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I raise to t350 first in on the flop, and obvious push from there. Also, yeah, call the turn with your 10 outs.

Oh yeah, and what curtainz said, though in a PS at L1, I don't feel raising is horrible.

[/ QUOTE ]

Of course raising isnt horrible! I just choose not to, but its silly for anyone to say that raising is "horrible".
Old 07-18-2005, 04:29 AM

Thanks again for all the feedback.

I think the main thing that never really entered my thought process at the time was the fact that I had outs for a boat/quads. I was just very scared of the straight, and thinking of how stupid I will feel for going out on the first hand.
Old 07-18-2005, 09:08 AM

[ QUOTE ]

I think the main thing that never really entered my thought process at the time was the fact that I had outs for a boat/quads. I was just very scared of the straight, and thinking of how stupid I will feel for going out on the first hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you don't have a couple last place finishes per 100 SnGs you are losing value (most likely by seeing monsters under the bed in hands like this).
Old 07-18-2005, 09:31 AM

push the flop when the opponent raises to t700.
Old 07-18-2005, 09:37 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

If you don't have a couple last place finishes per 100 SnGs you are losing value (most likely by seeing monsters under the bed in hands like this).

[/ QUOTE ]

Ive got to echo this. Fear of coming last is a sure way to limit yourself to coming 4th.

Nothing to fear but fear itself. And so what if you come off looking like a donk. There is a fine line between retarded and genius in poker.

Phill