Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-27-2005, 06:43 PM

Default Re: Oxycontin

[ QUOTE ]
Does anybody actually enjoy this stuff? I've tried it a few times and I thought it sucked. It did the job as far as getting me ripped, but it left me feeling all jittery and nauseous.

Only drug I've tried except weed and I must say I have no desire to every try anything else again, lol.

So what's the attraction?

[/ QUOTE ]

Its like heroin, so the withdrawl effects can be terrible. I haven't used it before--although Ive done most other things--but I know a lot of peole that seem to like it.
Old 06-27-2005, 06:44 PM

Yeah, opiates suck. Stay clear if you ask me. It's pretty common up here in the sticks though. What do they call it, hillbilly heroin? [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 06-27-2005, 06:54 PM

they're time release - i took one once and after some horrible convulsion vomiting - up it came, about 3 hours after i took it, only slightly smaller than when i swallowed it. nasty, nasty stuff.
Old 06-27-2005, 06:56 PM

you have to take off the time release stuff, hold it in between your hands for twenty minutes then rub the outter layer off.
Old 06-28-2005, 12:38 AM

i have like ten friends that are addicted to this... very dangerous. they have been in and out of detox a bunch of times... their counselors say the withdrawals are 10X worse than heroin since it is chemically engineered. the pills are time released, but if you snort it they hit you all at once. everyone i know that messed around with OCs for even a few weeks got addicted to them, and became total scumbags. also, everyone who gets addicted to them eventually goes to heroin because its cheaper and a similar high. i also know some people who overdosed on these ( snorting them combined with other drugs = -EV )
Old 06-28-2005, 12:47 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
So what's the attraction?

[/ QUOTE ]

This assumes that our bodies are chemically similar. This just isn't the case. You like weed, and I get either incredibly stupid/paranoid or angry on weed.

Everyone is different. I have a feeling my body chemistry is similar to Busters as we have a lot of the same tastes.

[/ QUOTE ]

This idea sounds stupid because if you don't enjoy it, there's no reason to keep doing it, but if you were to build up a tolerance (only takes maybe 4-5 sessions over a few day period) you wouldn't have these adverse effects. Several months ago, I smoked for the first time in about 5 months, and I was basically incapacitated and had paranoia almost to the point of social anxiety disorder, where I just didn't want to be around anyone (granted it was some absolute chrnoic). After a couple sessions I was back to getting high just like I remembered it.
Old 06-28-2005, 12:58 AM

Oxycontin rawks. Also helps me play poker
Old 06-28-2005, 01:06 AM

You really have the snort them if you want the full effect. That being said, I'd just steer clear of them altogether. As others have mentioned, they're very addictive, and could be pretty dangerous. This [censored] is seriously like 1-step away from heroin. The last time I took an oxy (I only used them occasionally, like 1-2x/month) was when I snorted a whole OC80 when I was completely blackout drunk. I seriously think I was lucky to wake up the next morning.

Also, I think I read something a couple of years ago that they changed the pills so if you crush them up now, they won't work. If this is the case, getting the pills to an effective powder form is probably a decent hassle.
Old 06-28-2005, 01:11 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I snorted a whole OC80 when I was completely blackout drunk. I seriously think I was lucky to wake up the next morning.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes you are............when I was working in Vegas dip [censored] is black out drunk and eats a fentynal lolipop.....he has a bit of brain damage
Old 06-28-2005, 01:36 AM

Set and setting, when it comes to drugs. It's easy to not give drugs credit for how powerful they are, but anything that changes your noodle even a little can have a strong effect. Even though pot is pretty mild stuff overall, it's usually a good idea to only take it if your head is in the right place and you're in a good setting you feel psychologically comfortable with. Otherwise it can set you off just like much stronger stuff. Heck, even sugar and beer can lead to huge mood swings and personality changes.