Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-03-2005, 08:18 PM

Default Re: New Orleans

Are you purposely misrepresenting things to further your political agenda or are you just dim? FEDERAL TROOPS CAN'T BE IMPOSED WITHOUT CIVIL REQUEST UNDER U.S. LAW EXCEPT IN CASES OF INVASION.
Old 09-03-2005, 08:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Are you purposely misrepresenting things to further your political agenda or are you just dim? FEDERAL TROOPS CAN'T BE IMPOSED WITHOUT CIVIL REQUEST UNDER U.S. LAW EXCEPT IN CASES OF INVASION.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, I heard Bill O'Reilly blame all this on the governor of Louisiana last night. It doesn't surprise me that you right-wing nutjobs are just now coming out with who to blame because you didn't have your talking points until Bill delivered them to you last night.

As for me, I think I'll wait for an unbiased source to see what actually happened. One thing we know for sure is that Bush was on vacation until Tuesday and didn't reveal to the public how the feds were going to solve this problem until Thursday.

I guess that is an acceptably quick response to you. But, of course, you weren't down there dieing of dehydration and lack of food and medical care.
Old 09-03-2005, 08:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Well, I heard Bill O'Reilly blame all this on the governor of Louisiana last night. It doesn't surprise me that you right-wing nutjobs are just now coming out with who to blame because you didn't have your talking points until Bill delivered them to you last night.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you actually followed news reports as the events occurred this point would have been obvious to you as well instead of your having to wait for liberal politicos to provide you your talking points.

[ QUOTE ]
One thing we know for sure is that Bush was on vacation until Tuesday and didn't reveal to the public how the feds were going to solve this problem until Thursday.

[/ QUOTE ]

All presidents, even your beloved Billy Boy Jimbob Clinton work on their "vacations". And the delays of civil authorities caused delays in announcement of federal plans.

[ QUOTE ]
But, of course, you weren't down there dieing of dehydration and lack of food and medical care.

[/ QUOTE ]

Except for the medical care part you just further show your ignorance or intentional use of mistatements. Why don't you just google and see how long a healthy person can live without food and water. Also the federal help that was there from day 1 like the coast guard was trying to evacuate people from the area and in fact has now evacuated close to 10K. How exactly did you think the Red Cross was going to get food and water to people on rooftops?

Plus you continue to ignore the security situation brought on from day 1 by criminals that prevented either local or federal response from being available in a more timely manner. Those lovely looters, rapists and murderers couldn't share any of the blame could they?
Old 09-03-2005, 08:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If you actually followed right-wing news reports as the events occurred this point would have been obvious to you as well instead of your having to wait for liberal politicos to provide you your talking points.

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP.
Old 09-03-2005, 08:47 PM

I am reposting this quote of yours and post of mine from your other thread the aftermath of this disaster was well-known since you have not responded to it.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
The federal government's slow response to this disaster was pathetic. That is the issue.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yea. The immediate criminal lawlessness that ensued by the scum of society had nothing whatsoever to do with it. And the coast guard rescuing thousands of poeple doesn't count cause they're not really part of the federal government. And the mayor's inept evacuation didn't have anything to do with it either. Neither did the governor's failure to immediately declare martial law and seek federal troops. Yep. All Bush's fault. Oh yeah, and 3-5 days is a huge amount of time to take getting supplies in past the gang bangers cause truckloads of supplies were just sitting on the outskirts of N.O. like they are outside every major city just in case.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 09-03-2005, 08:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
FEDERAL TROOPS CAN'T BE IMPOSED WITHOUT CIVIL REQUEST UNDER U.S. LAW EXCEPT IN CASES OF INVASION.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, I remember the Arkansas Gov. requested the Federal Troops from Kennedy to help desegrate the High Schools.
[img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 09-03-2005, 09:09 PM

Edit: OR TO EXECUTE FEDERAL LAW WHEN STATE AUTHORITIES HAVE FAILED/REFUSED TO DO SO.
Old 09-03-2005, 09:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
And they couldn't just paradrop the 82nd in with minimal equipment since the troops need a lot of logistical support and it takes time to get it in place.

[/ QUOTE ]

Even with elements of the 82nd deployed to Iraq and Afghanistan, approximately 700 paratroopers are always on call to deploy anywhere in the world. Paratroopers from the 82nd can operate for days behind enemy lines without being resupplied. If the 82nd had gotten the call early Thursday morning, they would have been in NO late Thursday night helping to establish security.
Old 09-03-2005, 09:16 PM

Default Here, try the relevant one.

R.S.5298 provides, "Whenever by reason of unlawful obstructions, combinations or assemblages of persons, or rebellion against the authority of the United States, it shall become impracticable, in the JUDGMENT OF THE PRESIDENT, to enforce, by the ordinary laws of judicial procedure, the laws of the United States within any State or Territory, it shall be lawful for the President . to employ such part of the land and naval forces of the United States as he may deem necessary to enforce the lawful execution of the laws of the United States ."
Old 09-03-2005, 09:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
since the troops need a lot of logistical support and it takes time to get it in place.

[/ QUOTE ]