Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-29-2005, 01:01 AM

Default Re: Has anyone ever been to the denver intl airport?

Meh. Nothin. It's possible that there was some art display that was offensive to some and got taken down. I don't know about subfloors or whatever other conspiracy theory stuff. I've never heard of or experienced any weird noises or illnesses. Yeah, the baggage system had problems, but I don't see the conspiracy there. I also don't see the problem with having a tram out to the concourses (you can walk in a walkway that goes over the taxiway to get to Concourse A if you want). The tent-like structure gives a very nice, high ceiling and a shape symbolic of the mountains. I don't see what's so crazy about it being teflon coated. There's all kinds of communications wiring and whatnot because it's a modern building... it offers wireless internet, internet kiosk banks, and whatever else on top of the usual modern airport communications stuff. They went all-out on it. They took a huge chunk of land because... what the hell else are you going to do with it? Might as well keep it clear of other development and leave room for expansion. The area out that way is starting to develop now and it's projected to be a vey fast growing area now that there's not a whole lot more room to go West and the land is cheaper East. The large area inside the main terminal is nice and I've seen the whole interior room's floor full with security lines. There's a lot of room for baggage claim, and the main hall's 2nd floor perimter is taken up by shops and food places.

Now, is it plausible that maybe the government had some interest in doing something there or in dumping some extra cash into checking out some new technologies while they were at it? Sure, but I'm not worried about it.
Old 08-29-2005, 01:03 AM

Thanks, I really just meant teh murals. The other stuff there is no way to prove, but if those murals are up for all to see, that is just odd.
Old 08-29-2005, 06:43 AM

Most of that stuff was painted over a few years back, but it did cause a quite a stir when the airport opened. I remember one of the first things I'd do when I picked up an out of town friend was to show them the murals.. Pretty schocking, but I enjoyed them.

Not sure about the other theories...
Old 08-29-2005, 08:51 AM

To me it's just modern art. If you go to any art gallery in the world you're bound to see weird stuff. Artists are weird. Granted, maybe they got a bit more leeway than they should when coming up with the designs but oh well.

Swede
Old 08-29-2005, 09:31 AM

ive been through there but didnt notice anything [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]
Old 08-29-2005, 09:35 AM

I live in Denver and have flown out of DIA numerous times. I have never seen those pictures/paintings. I have seen pictures of kids living in third-world countries in the terminal A but that's it. I am flying in a couple of weeks and will look for it.
Old 08-29-2005, 09:37 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Most of that stuff was painted over a few years back, but it did cause a quite a stir when the airport opened. I remember one of the first things I'd do when I picked up an out of town friend was to show them the murals.. Pretty schocking, but I enjoyed them.

Not sure about the other theories...

[/ QUOTE ]

Appearently, it was disturbing enough to be painted over.
Old 08-29-2005, 09:40 AM

Last time I went through the booze was cheap and I was allowed to smoke in the bar.

I wouldn't have cared if they were barbecuing puppies in the concourses.
Old 08-29-2005, 09:42 AM

I heard the same things and I was looking for them when I went to DIA. I saw absolutly nothing strange. It was a bit dissapointing.
Old 08-29-2005, 10:11 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Here's a fun fact...

DIA > Singapore

The whole city. Waste space much?

[/ QUOTE ]
Have you seen the area east of Denver? There's nothing better to do out there but waste it.

[/ QUOTE ]

i imagine a post-apocalyptic wasteland of scorched earth as closely resembling much of eastern colorado.