Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Theory
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-01-2004, 08:28 PM

Default Re: I hereby proclaim poker to be dead.

Re-angle? Come on now, have you been addled from all the micro-limit you have been playing? I can't believe that you actually assigned odds to propositions that are clearly locks.

As funny as they were, here are some "exotic" bets that only true gentlement/ladies of action/leisure would dare to entertain.

1.) At 3:1, I wager that Chris Moneymaker knows all the words to the Dukes of Hazard theme song.

2.) At 20:1, I wager that Jomo (aka Puzzlefish, Gobbler, the Bob, Gomo, Sizzler, et al), after being the world's first 5-time snackboy will realize that his true calling is a convenience store clerk at AM/PM.

3.) At 100:1, I wager that after declining ratings for this season the Travel Channel will fire Vince Van Patten. His replacement? None other than 80s sit-com mega-superstar.... ALF! HAH!

Now I must return to work on my truck which is up on cinder blocks in the front yard, leaking oil and antifreeze into the gutter. Bang Station Zebra, over and out.

James,
Bangtown, USA (pop 1.)
Old 07-02-2004, 07:48 PM

More exotics anyone? Who cares! This forum exists solely for Team Leisure's amusement, right, Banger? Here they are, geeks;

1.) 6/1 - Alf wins the "Hollywood Puppet Homegame" defeating both Kermit the Frog and Triumph the Insult Comic Dog! "This is some amazing poker we're seeing tonight, Vince! Don't let anyone tell you these puppets are novices at poker!"

2.) 3/2 - Hellmuth has the Dukes of Hazard pajamas which he wears while doing yoga or meditation or whatever it is. This, by the way, would be a welcome reprieve from seeing this guy with his damn shirt off. Don't ever do a feature on Hellmuth in which he has his shirt off, guys!

3.) LOCK - Jomo eventually will qualify for and make the final table of a WPT event during which he will make a top pro lay down on the river by saying, "I've got the nuts, TJ........see...wait, wait. Goddammit, I misread my hand. Oh, you already souped your hand? SEND IT, GENTLEMEN! I thought I had a full house though. I would play it the same way next time though, I read you for weak."

Johnny Hearts - Alltime snackboy tournament money winner
Old 07-02-2004, 10:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
World Palooka Tour

[/ QUOTE ]

is this similar to the World Polka Tour??

i have been known to do the chicken-dance upon occasion.