Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-13-2005, 07:21 PM

Default Re: Those in Seattle...run, don\'t walk, to Tullalip...

[ QUOTE ]
Last couple of times I was there...I think it was a Wednesday and a Thursday...they had a shorthanded 10/20 game going....but maybe even thats rare. I don't really like going up there...I make the pilgrimage up to Marysville only 5 or 6 times a year....

[/ QUOTE ]

*nod* I may get "special treatment" because I'm a "regular" who plays there 2-3 times a week. See, I've a mild allergy to smoke, and if I spend more than a single 4-hour session/week in a smoking room, I end up with icky cold-like symptoms for 2-3 days.. so I'm kind of forced to give them my business on virture of the non-smoking.

However, I DO acknowledge they're run pretty badly some nights, could adjust a number of things about not only the structure of the games (how about a $500 NL game?) but how some of their floorpeople interact with the customers.. but I've always found them to be open to listening to me bitch about something they're doing wrong, and if I approach them in a non-confrontational way, they actually do listen (and, eventually, do the Right Thing). Another thing I like, and this may be the management or it may just be the crowd they draw (north end vs south end/tacoma demographics) but there's a minimum of dealer (and other player!) abuse that goes on.

...and no one complains when I make bad jokes about my favorite hand (like at the Miraige, where I risked a timeout to make a bad pun..)