Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-11-2005, 11:55 AM

Default Re: Bad News for us all

this is the biggest load of crap posted on this forum in quite a while
Old 10-11-2005, 12:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Let’s say the average pot is $10 and the rake is five percent or 50 cents per hand. Let’s say 200 hands are played which does not take that long. After 200 hands, that 50 cents rake per hand totals $100 which is the entire amount that all of the players started with at the website table. Of course not all of the players go broke at the exact same time and fresh money can come into the game.

But sooner or later each gambler will eventually lose their $20 bankroll every time without exception. If bringing in $20 more, that will also eventually be lost.

[/ QUOTE ]

Doesnt seem to take into account someone is winning those 200 hands. Or the fact that the 100 dollars lost to rake was not just one persons money, it was several, so that if one person wins consistently at this table, he is making a lot more than the rake is taking from this table.

MDoranD
Old 10-11-2005, 12:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Let’s say the average pot is $10 and the rake is five percent or 50 cents per hand. Let’s say 200 hands are played which does not take that long. After 200 hands, that 50 cents rake per hand totals $100 which is the entire amount that all of the players started with at the website table. Of course not all of the players go broke at the exact same time and fresh money can come into the game.

But sooner or later each gambler will eventually lose their $20 bankroll every time without exception. If bringing in $20 more, that will also eventually be lost.

[/ QUOTE ]

Doesnt seem to take into account someone is winning those 200 hands. Or the fact that the 100 dollars lost to rake was not just one persons money, it was several, so that if one person wins consistently at this table, he is making a lot more than the rake is taking from this table.

MDoranD

[/ QUOTE ]

You are clearly delusional and should consult with your pastor/rabbi immediately.
Old 10-11-2005, 12:07 PM

What if my rabbi is my RB affiliate???
Old 10-11-2005, 12:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
What if my rabbi is my RB affiliate???

[/ QUOTE ]

Well my son... you're [censored].

Gamble away.
Old 10-11-2005, 12:10 PM

Oh no! This guy is right! I could lose $20 playing online! eeeeeeek! eeeeek! Please protect me from myself! eeeeek!
Old 10-11-2005, 12:12 PM

The article writer musta lost money online.

Sure I'd love a rake free game. The rakeback is...was awesome but skill prevails in poker. I am a decent player and even I made over 10k last year. Guess I musta been lucky.
Old 10-11-2005, 12:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Courtesy Of Gambling Facts and Fictions

[/ QUOTE ]

This is obviously the fictions part. That or I never should have quit my job, three + years ago.
Old 10-11-2005, 12:19 PM

DAMMMIIT! And all this time I thought I could win. May as well quite now! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
Old 10-11-2005, 12:19 PM

Sounds like the guy that wrote this article is the same guy that called me with middle pair and lost his bankroll to MY NUTS.