Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-01-2005, 01:40 PM

Default Re: not comfortable AJo...

edited, didn't read it all right
Old 11-01-2005, 01:41 PM

showdown
Old 11-01-2005, 01:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I bet river and call a raise. His hand looks like AxQc to me. I can't put him on Kc due to his 3-bet on the flop. If he did have a high flush draw with a hand like KK or KcQx I would expect him to just call and keep in the cold callers behind him. His 3-bet tells me he likes his hand enough to thin the field out. The turn check behind is a little confusing but with a vulnerable hand on that board and a strong re-draw if he has AxQc, some players might opt to see a river before battling more. Your going to call a bet, so you have to bet this and call a raise. Checking to induce a bluff I dont like because I can't put him on Kc due to reasons above.

[/ QUOTE ]

sdrawkcab si hpargarap evoba eht ni sisylana ruoy omi.

-norraB
Old 11-01-2005, 01:43 PM

Everyone always says bet the turn when you post that he checked behind. He is rarely checking behind here and you are often getting raised if you lead. Check the turn.
Old 11-01-2005, 01:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
. honestly i dont see anything wrong with capping.

[/ QUOTE ]well, i dont see anything wrong, but i like calling better.
other guy almost surely has the best hand, or the best draw... you arent way ahead too often... if you cap and dont improve on turn, you could easily be raised, now youre calling and checkfolding the riv UI, which isnt fun... or maybe calling down, which seems like way too much action to me.
if the guy gets a free card, its not the end of the world. it happens.
Old 11-01-2005, 01:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]

sdrawkcab si hpargarap evoba eht ni sisylana ruoy omi.

[/ QUOTE ]

Nice.
Old 11-01-2005, 01:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Everyone always says bet the turn when you post that he checked behind. He is rarely checking behind here and you are often getting raised if you lead. Check the turn.

[/ QUOTE ]
exactly... if he bet got raised, then called it down... everyone woulda thought he was giving too much action and walking face first into these raises... if the guy had used that raise to get a free SD w/ AhTh, everyone would be saying, bet the river! bet every street and pay off the raise! cant fold TP HU in online game! put in 27BB with TPBK! it rules!
Old 11-01-2005, 01:50 PM

Yea, very true and see that, edited original post. Now that I've thought this hand over a little more. I like a checked turn followed by a checked river. I see a lot of people saying to lead the turn to protect the hand but I just don't see him 3-betting the flop with a strong draw with two players behind him, he would want them in the hand. Once he checks behind on the turn I'm confused and I guess have to change the initial read to an overplayed draw on the flop which would lead me to check the river again after a long pause, hopfully inducing a bluff.
Old 11-01-2005, 01:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
exactly... if he bet got raised, then called it down... everyone woulda thought he was giving too much action and walking face first into these raises... if the guy had used that raise to get a free SD w/ AhTh, everyone would be saying, bet the river! bet every street and pay off the raise! cant fold TP HU in online game! put in 27BB with TPBK! it rules!

[/ QUOTE ]

yea i was torn between leaving out his turn action and waiting to post river vs. posting turn now and river now.

sorry.

i included my thought to jeffage in my response to his post.

Barron
Old 11-01-2005, 03:10 PM

I wouldve folded preflop as AJo does not play well in a mutiway pot, and you could easily be dominated in this situation, if not by the "kinda" loose agg guy, then by the people who cold called his raise. I like your flop line, and I see absolutely no reason to bet this turn so i like your turn line, at this point your goal should be to get to the showdwon as cheaply as possible. On the river, I would bet, and expect the villain to show me KK or QQ with a club. I dont see the typical player checking AK or AQ on the turn with or without a club, and I dont think the villain is on a naked flush draw given the way he played the flop so I dont see a reason to check the river and induce a bluff.