Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-09-2005, 02:15 AM

Default Re: 30/60 Bellagio hand #1

The 3-bettor/turn check-raiser's hand has me most worried here obviously. What hands can she 3-bet with preflop? If Axs and mid pocket pairs are in there, then you are obviously in trouble.

Also, you said she is very aggressive on the flop. She apparently wasn't this time. This means she either slowplayed a good hand (2 pairs or better), or hit on the turn. If she flopped a set or hit a straight somehow on the turn, then you are drawing dead. Two pairs with an Ax type hand has you drawing to 3-6-9 outs depending on the X. If she checkraised in a protected pot it makes it far less likely she is making a move.

I think that if you're going to fold you have to do it on the turn. If you think this aggressive player will wait until the turn to raise AK/AQ type hands a fair amount of the time, then a reraise with a plan for a free showdown is better IMO.
Old 11-09-2005, 10:19 PM

Default Results

So i folded, the other lady called and showed k8. The turn raiser rolled 77 for the turned set. Should have saved an extra bet and folded the turn.