Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-18-2005, 11:20 AM

Default Re: Party $500K hand

YAY!! Dumb idiot who didn't make an obvious push all-in put me on ignore!! [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Check-Fold TPTK.. YOU ARE THE MAN!!!!!!!!! [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 07-18-2005, 11:25 AM

Default Results/Thoughts

He pushed the turn and was called by K [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]J [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] and was drawing dead on the river.

After he argued that he could check behind on the turn and call a medium river bet, and fold to an all in, and still be alive after the hand.

Of course if a [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] falls on the river he's not calling anything.

I agreed with his first play as you see QxX [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] , or another pair and a flush draw, or even the naked A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] here too many times and that his push was right.

Some of you said "easiest push ever" or something to that effect, but left out reasoning. It was the reasoning I was looking for.

Thanks to those who provided their reasons.

sekrah: care to back track on any of your idiotic statements?

Regards,
Woodguy
Old 07-18-2005, 11:26 AM

Push the turn. You are pot committed.

How would you play the hand if you had the Ace of hearts to
go along with your Queen?

If you check the turn, villian will more than likely bet the
river and you might talk yourself into folding. If a heart comes and villian bets you very well might fold the best hand if he bets.

Bruce
Old 07-18-2005, 11:30 AM

Default Re: Results/Thoughts

Woodguy,

If I'm villian and fourth heart comes and I don't have one I will bet around 90% of the time and will expect opponent to
fold most of the time, unless he has big heart. Everyone plays differently, but that't why I might call on river even if fourth heart comes. I avoid this scenario completely if
I push on the turn. Most of the time you will have the best hand on the turn.

Bruce
Old 07-18-2005, 11:51 AM

Of course, the turn push makes the most sense, given the size of the pot. I think the check, push (call a push) any river isnt too bad.

From the villan's perspective, your flop bet was pure continuation, he very well could be calling the flop b/c (the call is the new raise). There is a decent chance he pushes the river when you are ahead.

Notice, I am not folding this hand. But I might be willing to take a shot to get some more chips, risking quite a bit though. Not a line I will usually take, but if the table is relatively tight middle stacks, it might be worth it to try to get a bullying stack.
Old 07-18-2005, 11:57 AM

[ QUOTE ]
1. I'd probably have pushed the flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

yuck... ok, when a heart comes, you're going to barf a little, but that's only 1/5. and you still might check it down and win when that happens. you really want the naked A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] to have a chance to c/r here, as well as a hand like KQ, or TT with no heart.

hmm, i dunno now. it seems like a lot of these hands are going to call anyway if you push, esp because you'll look like A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]Jx or something with the overbet. maybe it's not a bad play after all.
Old 07-18-2005, 12:13 PM

With the question posed as it is, I push the turn. I can't believe checking is correct, I can see him having JJ-88 with a heart, a naked A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] or K [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Q. If you're behind I can't see folding to the river bet, so unless you think he's likely to bluff into you on the river I think you move on the turn.

I think I might have pushed on the flop though. I've gotten a lot of calls with overbets lately, people seem to immediately put you on a semi-bluff, and this is a good time to double up. I pushed pre-flop with AA the other night with blinds still at 10/15 there was a rasie to 45 and 2 calls. I was in the SB and pushed 1000. The raiser called me with Ak and I was off to the races.
Old 07-18-2005, 12:32 PM

Default Re: Results/Thoughts

As others have said you are now too pot committed to fold on this hand. You must move in on the turn. If he flopped a big hand well thats the breaks. You must charge him to beat you hand which will be best much more often than not. Don't be results oriented just because the guy had the nuts that time. That is one of the few hands he would play that way. So he either has the nuts or you most likely have the best hand. Which is more likely? The nuts or not the nuts? Anything else that beats your hand he probably moves all in on the flop.
Old 07-18-2005, 02:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]

One of you two are an idiot.

[/ QUOTE ]

the irony!
Old 07-18-2005, 02:18 PM

Dude, Let's deal.. I'll give you an ounce of my poker talent for an ounce of your killer grammar skills.