Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-02-2005, 01:04 AM

Default Re: KK multiway, how was this played?

superbly. I dont think QQ 3 bets this turn often enough for us to have capping equity.
Old 11-02-2005, 02:13 PM

Ok I have to post the results because this blew my mind. UTG+1 turned over 55 making it quad 5's and taking home the near $30 pot!! :-( lol bad luck
Old 11-02-2005, 03:12 PM

lack of a cap in 0.50/1.00 is no indicator of AA or not.
I have seen AA limped (and also then 3-bet when it comes back to them raised!) and this is in $1/$2. So AA is a definite possibility here. At least as strong as A9 A5 etc
Old 11-02-2005, 03:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I have seen AA limped (and also then 3-bet when it comes back to them raised!) and this is in $1/$2.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm a fan of the occasional limp-reraise. Its fun to do at a tight aggressive table and get all the TAGs in for 4 bets on the flop. Then with a good board you can basically crush them.
Old 11-02-2005, 03:19 PM

agreed - that's why I dislike discounting the possibility out of hand!
Old 11-02-2005, 03:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
agreed - that's why I dislike discounting the possibility out of hand!

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd probably discount it. I rarely rarely see this move. I think I've seen 1 other person do this over the course of 50,000 hands. This could be an effect of sample size or just my efforts to try to stay out of tricky, tough games.
Old 11-02-2005, 03:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
TB sed: I say he has A5 sOOted or 55.

[/ QUOTE ][ QUOTE ]
the only thing that i was worried about was the AA, I really didnt think 55 with all the action preflop...

[/ QUOTE ]
Yep, AA doesn't bet into you on the turn after you cap the flop. You could have saved two bets on the turn.

Further, you could have saved one more on the river. Say you and Villian were both expert players and you both knew each other to be expert players. You could have put him on 55 when he raised the river.

This is because Expert Player Villian would know you that you, the Expert Hero, put him on a five on the turn. When you raise the river, he would know that you had KK and just boated up. When he raises that, you would know he had 55 and was beating your full house. You could fold right there, saving another two big bets.

However, because he would know you'd put him on 55 when he raised the river, if he only had one five, he would realize that the only way he could win the pot now was with a bluff. Therefore, he might bluff raise to try to make you fold. You, the expert hero, would consider this possibility however, so you would have to call.

=================

Utimately however, if Villian was a Super Expert Poker Player and you knew this, he would know that you would call any raise he made on the river to catch a possible bluff. So if he only had one five he would not bother wasting another bet to try a bluff. Therefore, if he raised the river, you could safely fold and save two bets there also. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

However, if you were also a Super Expert Poker Player and the Villian knew this, you'd have to be careful because Villian would now know that you would know that he would not waste a bet bluffing the river, and that you would always fold if he raised. Therefore, he puts the bluff back on and you have to call.

However, if Villian....
Old 11-02-2005, 03:57 PM

At the point of the Turn bet I think that I slow down on this.

My turn line is a check, at this point I assume that I am behind, but with the pot size I am willing to try for a cheap showdown from here on. If the betting continues after your check and it gets capped I will fold (it would be 2 back to you), but if it is one back, I will likely call and hope to improve on the river.

On the river, if I don't improve I am in check/call mode.

The way you played the river is good, you hit the FH, that is a monster hand, only thing that beats you is quads, which is a possibility, but if they have it, it is bad luck.

Margon