Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-26-2005, 02:13 PM

Default Re: A classic

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
The play is drastically different at the two levels.

[/ QUOTE ]
I agree. Which is why 2/4 hands just won't get the best comments at MHNL. I honestly believe that the SSNL forum can beat 2/4 for a better rate than the MHNL forum. And yes, I think this hand is at least pretty close to a muck. Against some people, it's instamuck on the flop. Against unknown, I probably call flop and fold to further aggression. If he has TP, he usually checks the turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

this is clearly wrong, and i dont even need to allow others to elaborate. no need to even see why
Old 09-26-2005, 03:00 PM

In my opinion, you don't need to worry about meta-game when you are playing 2/4 since players come and go so quickly and the pool is so big.

Only typical hands you are losing to in this spot are 44, 99, and occasionally JJ. You are beating AJ, and KJ (even QJs) which many players and this level would play this way. Therefore, you are getting 2:1 on this bet when I think you are ahead at least 50% of the time. You will also be getting 3:1 on the river for your last $200. Just get it in now since your hand isn't getting any better.
Old 09-26-2005, 03:09 PM

Default results

Thanks for answers guys.

I have got some thing to think about, and vary my play.

Intresting things you say about NL400 and highstakes. I mostly play NL400 to NL1000, and i have not seen the differences so clear. Often its same players i meet. Mabee its not the same at different networks.

Results in the actual hand is not so important, but I called and payed him of at the river. He had JJJ.

//Pug
Old 09-26-2005, 05:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
this is clearly wrong, and i dont even need to allow others to elaborate. no need to even see why

[/ QUOTE ]

brilliant, in my opinion?
Old 09-27-2005, 04:11 AM

Default Re: results

This is a spot where I'd like to mix it up and check behind on the flop. Rainbow flop, heads up and way ahead or way behind scenario likely. It's hard to imagine the set deep-checking twice. He'll likely lead out twice with some type of hand and then you'll get paid off a few bucks from weaker hands or lose less when he gets lucky.

As it plays, I'd more than likely fold the flop. Yes, I'm taking a weak-tight approach most of the time here, because the game conditions nowadays demand you to be careful going broke with one pair hands post-flop. There simply aren't that many people nowadays going broke on AJ or KJ type hands especially when you hit NL400 and above. But the ones who do are pretty obviously after a little while.

BTW, wrong forum.

Garland
Old 09-27-2005, 04:25 AM

[ QUOTE ]
This is a spot where I'd like to mix it up and check behind on the flop. Rainbow flop, heads up and way ahead or way behind scenario likely. It's hard to imagine the set deep-checking twice. He'll likely lead out twice with some type of hand and then you'll get paid off a few bucks from weaker hands or lose less when he gets lucky.

As it plays, I'd more than likely fold the flop. Yes, I'm taking a weak-tight approach most of the time here, because the game conditions nowadays demand you to be careful going broke with one pair hands post-flop. There simply aren't that many people nowadays going broke on AJ or KJ type hands especially when you hit NL400 and above. But the ones who do are pretty obviously after a little while.

BTW, wrong forum.

Garland

[/ QUOTE ]

Err...

This is a hand where I like to put my whole stack in. I start by building a pot on the flop. Once I get checkraised, I let him bet away the rest because 3-betting the flop or raising the turn lets him get away from hands I beat and there isn't much semi-bluffing going on with this board. The stack sizes are pretty good for flat calling the turn, leaving you both with about 200 in a pot of 400 on the river. Call the turn and get the rest in on the river. Consider folding if the river is a J, but that's about it.
Old 09-27-2005, 06:32 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I honestly believe that the SSNL forum can beat 2/4 for a better rate than the MHNL forum.

[/ QUOTE ]

Only just seen this. Heheh.
Old 09-27-2005, 06:33 AM

[ QUOTE ]
This is a hand where I like to put my whole stack in. I start by building a pot on the flop. Once I get checkraised, I let him bet away the rest because 3-betting the flop or raising the turn lets him get away from hands I beat and there isn't much semi-bluffing going on with this board. The stack sizes are pretty good for flat calling the turn, leaving you both with about 200 in a pot of 400 on the river. Call the turn and get the rest in on the river. Consider folding if the river is a J, but that's about it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Perfect post.
Old 09-27-2005, 08:14 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Perfect post.

[/ QUOTE ]
Yup, perfect post for making it SSNL:1, MHNL:0. [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]
Old 09-27-2005, 08:18 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Perfect post.

[/ QUOTE ]
Yup, perfect post for making it SSNL:1, MHNL:0. [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

He basically said what everyone round here already knew / unfortunately for whatever reason couldn't be bothered to say.

I thought edge was high stakes, anyway? 5/10, no?