Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Books and Publications
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-06-2004, 12:32 AM

Default Re: How heavy is SSHE?

Order it througth Amazon.de
Old 08-06-2004, 02:34 AM

Well yeah, I wanted to order it at amazon.de, but there is only one offer from a second-hand seller, who sells it for 90$...
I'm sure that it's worth it, and I want to buy it, but I don't see why there is a 16$ shipping fee. It seems that because there aren't too many european players, the market for the book in europe is rather small too, that's why 2+2 tries to make some additional profit off people like me.
Well, I don't think that I want to support this.
Old 08-06-2004, 04:19 AM

Hi Atropos:

Two Plus Two Publishing LLC does not make any additional profit off of you. In fact, Two Plus Two doesn't even sell you the book. All books from this website are sold by ConJelCo. They do the retailing, they set the retail price, and they charge you the postage/shipping. We do not.

I suggest that if you're unhappy with the price you find here, you check with other Internet retailers of poker books. There are a bunch of them.

Best wishes,
Mason
Old 08-06-2004, 09:55 AM

That is a little rough. Sounds like you should either buy it from another site or order multiple books at once to help minmize the painful shipping expense.
Old 08-06-2004, 10:53 AM

just for what it's worth, ed's book is going to be priceless to you, and I would have paid 4 times the list price and not given it a second thought. it's a one time cost that will give you enough info (correctly applied) to make money for many years to come.

--turnipmonster
Old 08-06-2004, 11:05 AM

Like others said, you could check out other sites for the book. Like amazon.co.uk charge 13.58GBP for the book and 5GBP for 3-5 day shipping to western Europe. Or bamm.com charge $17.46 for the book and $13.95 for the 4-7 day delivery (assuming that you don't want the 2-12 weeks one).

Disclaimer: all prices and rates are from the vendor website, your total may vary [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 08-06-2004, 12:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
that's why 2+2 tries to make some additional profit off people like me.
Well, I don't think that I want to support this.

[/ QUOTE ]

You aren't buying from 2+2, you are buying from Conjelco. And they aren't ripping you off.

I just looked at Amazon, and for expedited shipping to Western Europe, they charge $7.49 per order plus $5.49 per item. So one book is $12.98, two books is $18.47, and so on. Amazon can ship for less than most sellers because of volume and automation.

Also, it looked like Amazon was out of stock. They said it would ship in 1-3 weeks. (Mason, ahem!!)

The bottom line is that buying books internationally is expensive, and quite frankly, it is a pain in the butt for book sellers, so they charge for it. Just the postage for Global Priority is $9.00. In addition, there is time and material to package it, time to fill out the customs declaration, time to take it to the Post Office (international packages can't just be dropped in the corner box), etc.

Conjelco discounts the book by about $5. They aren't getting rich on the book or on the Shipping and Handling. If they were, someone else would be doing it cheaper.
Old 08-06-2004, 01:23 PM

"I just looked at Amazon, and for expedited shipping to Western Europe, they charge $7.49 per order plus $5.49 per item. So one book is $12.98, two books is $18.47, and so on. Amazon can ship for less than most sellers because of volume and automation."

Well I guess it's ok then. At amazon.de there are always some second-hand sellers charging only 3$ shipping, but they do some strange import over the uk...
Looks like I just have to wait for some of them to appear on amazon.de, not because I dont think the book wouldn't be worth 100$, but because it's against my "economic judgement" to pay 16$ shipping on a 19$ product.
Old 08-06-2004, 02:26 PM

On a side note...ConJelco US shipping charges are the highest I've seen of any book in any store in years.
Old 08-06-2004, 03:26 PM

the cover-price on SSHE is $24.95...not $19.